Some explanation about the exams in CCNP

NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok im planning on takinh BSCI exam in like 3 months maybe?

To get the CCNP you need 4 exam and thast one of those

642-901 BSCI Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI)
642-812 BCMSN Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN)
642-825 ISCW Implementing Secure Converged Wide Area Networks (ISCW)
642-845 ONT Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks (ONT)

Suppose i take BSCI and i pass it

Can it pass like for example 1 year then i take the BCMSN and then pass antoher year
and do the ISCW and then pass another year and do ONT and then ill get my CCNP?

You see where is my questiong going?

I wanna know what time does i got with BSCI exam before i must take the others?

or how it works????
does it work this way? for example if i take BSCI i got like dunno err 18 months to take all the others to get my CCNP because if i dont do it in that time ill have to retake the BSCI even if i passed it alredy?

I hope you understand what i m asking! :)

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Exams are valid for 3 years -- so you'd have to take the other 3 exams before your BSCI exam expires 3 years after passing it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LOL ok let me try to exaplin to see if i get it

For example i took the BSCI this year

Then i let pass 2 years and take the othter 3

Ok and there im CCNP!!

Then 1 more year pass and im not CCNP anymore because my BSCI expired? is that what you mean? and i gotta retake just the BSCI in order to be a CCNP again?
    Once you accquire the certification, its good for 3 years before you have to re-certify it. It's 3 years from the date of the last exam that gives it to you.

You'd be a CCNP -- but in the scenario you mentioned, if you wanted to become a CCDP and passed the ARCH exam (assuming you snuck in the DESGN exam for the CCDA), if your BSCI was older than 3 years you'd have to take it again to get the CCDP certification.

But the ARCH exam, as a 642 level exam, would recertify your CCNP.... so you'd get 3 years from that exam date before your CCNP expired.

And when you take the BSCI exam, that will change your CCNA expiration date to 3 years from your BSCI exam passing date.
    Sorry to keep asking you but i just want to be sure

So if in the scenario i gave that if i take the BSCI this year and then i left 2 years pass and take the other 3 exams and get my CCNP, ill be CCNP for 3 years starting from where i passed the LAST exam i did no matter if i took the BSCI like 2 years ago right?

ok now

If i passed my BSCI exam this year and let pass 2 years and i take the other 3 exams of CCNP and i pass it and i CCNP, if i want to be a CCIP i just got ONE year to take all the exam left of the CCIP cause my BSCI just last 3 years rigth? but suppose i studied really hard and i passed all the exam left of the CCIP on the last year that my BSCI was valid ill be CCIP for 3 years from the moment i passed the last CCIP exam EVEN if my BSCI expired that year?

i think if you asnwer this ill be really clear thanks for taking your time in asnwering here mike :)
    Yes and Yes

And the QoS exam is another exam that can be used for more than one Certification -- CCIP and CCVP.

But in the CCIP Scenario -- if your BSCI does expire before you finish the CCIP in that one year -- then you'd just have to take the BSCI exam again in your new 3 year CCIP window.
    Thank you mike
    Im also starting my colletions of Cisco Certifications :D
  • apcronnellyapcronnelly Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Question I thought I would throw in here....When you pass 1 CCNP exam, does that recertify your CCNA? Or will only a complete CCNP recertify a CCNA?
    When you pass 1 CCNP exam, does that recertify your CCNA?
    Each exam on your path to the CCNP with recertify your CCNA... so you'll recertify 4 times while working on your CCNP.