eigrp-igrp question

techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys, I have a question about eigrp-igrp distribution of routes. I'm doing a case study in my CCNP class. It's a eigrp-igrp case study. we have to configure three eigrp areas, and one area for igrp. my question is this... In the book cisco says that eigrp and igrp redistribute routing information automatically. we did a configuration in class, and found out that you have to do it manually. we have to redistribute between eigrp and igrp. our teacher had told us before that you have to redistribute manually. why does cisco say you don't. I thought eigrp and igrp exchanged routing info, automatically since there both cisco propprietary?
Just curious as to why cisco says it's automatic. I'd like to hear you're info guys. Is it because they use different metrics? thanks guys.
information belongs to the public! hack the planet!

Comments

• ksrksr Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi ,
    EIGRP and IGRP routes will be redistributed when they both in the sane Autonomous System, otherwise we have to it manually.... icon_lol.gif
  • CGDreamCGDream Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi techman22

did you manage to finish your case study. ? if you do can i see it please. becouse in we are studing EIGRP.

thanks .
  • techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey cg dream, sorry I took so long to reply, been working real hard on semester 5 stuff. I did finish my eigrp case study. then I did an ospf CS. Now I'm working on the third and last CS, which is the dreaded BGP CS. do you want me to post the configs, or the case study itself?, let me know and I will post them. once again sorry I took so long to reply.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    dreaded BGP indeed.. :)
    I did finish my eigrp case study. then I did an ospf CS. Now I'm working on the third and last CS, which is the dreaded BGP CS
    No IS-IS?
  • techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    actually webmaster no there was no is-is CS. is-is was added in the new version 3. It's a short chapter. but there were no is-is CS. webmaster would it be o.k. if I posted the eigrp CS? I guess CGdream asked me to post it. I just want to check with you first to make sure im not breaking any cisco confidentiality rules. although since it is a CS There shouldn't be any issues, I would think.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    No IS-IS icon_confused.gif But it is part of the BSCI exam (the new 642-801 (BSCI 2.0)as well as the 640-901 (BSCI 1.0). IS-IS is the difference between the old BSCN routing exam and the BSCI exams...
    webmaster would it be o.k. if I posted the eigrp CS?
    Please ask your instructor for permission, although it may not be part of the confidentiality agreement, it may be protected by copyright laws, thanks for asking.
    techman22 and webmaster hi.

sorry guys, i just found what i need thanks, but i didnt notes that if i took the CS from techman22 i'll break the rule icon_sad.gif .

techman22, what is your openion about OSPF CS. it's in my bag now :D , i didnt start on it yet.
    yes that is the difference between the old exam and the new one. you would think they would have more stuff on is-is. youre right webmaster, from what my teacher told me the new exam has like 20 % is-is on it. there is a good amount of is-is questions in the exam, from what I heard. Am I right webmaster? cgdream, I found the OSPF CS a little easier, since I had already done the eigrp CS. and since there are alot of simularites between eigrp and ospf, I found it more easier. what do you need to know? feel free to ask me anything you want. Im working on the BGP CS now. Im sure Ill be asking for some help on this board for the BGP CS.
    about the OSPF CS make sure you know about route summarizations, configuring areas, for stub tottally stubby, and ASBR. I had some NAT too. have you noticed that, alot of NAT stuff in semester 5 along with DHCP. more NAT though. of course this is adavnced ip addressing for semester 5 also make sure you know about redistribution, that's always tricky. In youre CS do you have to redistribute ospf and rip? that's what I had to do in mine. and propagating default routes. cgdream, this is the stuff that should be in the ospf CS. I hope this helps. if you have any other questions, just ask.
    thanks techman22.

that's helped me alot. i'll go throw the hole case and read about it again. oh yes. i think my CS is same as your's. so, allow me to ask you any question while i do it. OK

thanks again my friend.

:D