After LPIC-1 any reason for linux+?

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Ive passed the first half of the LPIC-1 and almost ready for the last exam.

I was just curious, is there any benefit for me getting the linux+ as well? How do you all compare the two? I was somewhat under the impression that the lpi exam was much more indepth and difficult. However if it does not have the brand recognition that linux+ has it may be beneficial for both.

I do feel that i could probably pass the linux+ right now (i would atleast prep for a few weeks) but i dont know if i can justify the $200+ cost of the exam.

So if you were hiring what would you prefer?

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Being an old time UNIX guy.... I'd respect the LPIC more.

But since the main reason to get a certification is to have the keyword for resume searches, you might miss out on a job where some recruiter puts CompTIA Linux+ in a job ad when told to get "someone certified on Linux."

If you don't mind spending the money -- I'd vote "go ahead and get it."
    i dont know if i can justify the $200+ cost of the exam
    Or rather, if that keyword resume search argument justifies spending the money, then yes. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Thanks for the reply.

Its something that I have been contemplating for a few weeks and just wanted some input from someone with more "time in the trenches" than myself. Ive skimmed the linux+ objectives and see nothing that freightens me.

You are absolutely right. The $200 spent can easily be quickly made up if it does help lead to a new job.

Thanks Mike