Failed 271....

Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
Just kidding icon_lol.gif

I figured more would look at a fail, over a pass icon_twisted.gif

I got a 866. I didn't think it was going to happen. I was surprised at how hard this thing was. Lots of questions on permissions, and Network prot's an services.

I'm going to relax this weekend, then hit up the books for finish the MCDST.

Also, when I first got there, their systems were down again. I was HOT.... but, it was worth it :D

Cheers

Orion
WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    Welcome to the club!
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hehe Grats, you got exacly the same score as i did. Are you going to study for the 272 now?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Thank you all!

Yup. I'll be starting my studying for 272 after the weekend, then on to 210, 215 and 218 for my MCSA in 2000. I also already have the Transcenders from for 210. I was going to take the test last year, but I got wrapped up in buying a home, getting married and stuff, and forgot all about it. Now, I'm addicted to certs again icon_study.gif

Why 2000? I know it much better, than 2003. Not to mention a lot of our servers/desktops at my work are still 2000. After I get my 2000, I'll go for 2003. Also, I took some classes already for 210-215 and if I pass these, I'll be reimbursed by my company. icon_cool.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:
    Thank you all!

Yup. I'll be starting my studying for 272 after the weekend, then on to 210, 215 and 218 for my MCSA in 2000. I also already have the Transcenders from for 210. I was going to take the test last year, but I got wrapped up in buying a home, getting married and stuff, and forgot all about it. Now, I'm addicted to certs again icon_study.gif

Why 2000? I know it much better, than 2003. Not to mention a lot of our servers/desktops at my work are still 2000. After I get my 2000, I'll go for 2003. Also, I took some classes already for 210-215 and if I pass these, I'll be reimbursed by my company. icon_cool.gif

Well good luck with the 272. I already set a date for the exam. I will take the test on the 12th of december. It seems to be going to a lot easier than the 271 exam.
    I'm really wondering about that. I don't know. I've read different things about it.

I use Outlook ALOT and trouble shooting issues daily with personal folders and converting .pst and address books. However, my weak area is going to be Express. I've never used it.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:
    I'm really wondering about that. I don't know. I've read different things about it.

I use Outlook ALOT and trouble shooting issues daily with personal folders and converting .pst and address books. However, my weak area is going to be Express. I've never used it.

The Office stuff is my weak area. Outlook Express isn't that hard to get used to. I use it every day now, play with the options a little bit.
    But the exam is not only Office and Outlook Express. Look at TCP/IP, Sercurity Permission, Desktop Troubleshooting, Security Incidents. That's all easier if you compare it to 271.
    Very true. I think it will be a lot less crap to remember.

I know Outlook very well, and IE very well. We support Digital certs where I work, and I'm always repairing .pst files, ost file and playing without Address books. However, we only use Express as a mean of doing conversions of some users mail from different formats. I wouldn't say I know it like the back of my hand, but outlook is definally my most known of the Office applications. Thank GOD Access or Excel isn't on this test. I wouldn't even bother at that point icon_wink.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:

I know Outlook very well, and IE very well. We support Digital certs where I work, and I'm always repairing .pst files, ost file and playing without Address books. However, we only use Express as a mean of doing conversions of some users mail from different formats. I wouldn't say I know it like the back of my hand, but outlook is definally my most known of the Office applications. Thank GOD Access or Excel isn't on this test. I wouldn't even bother at that point icon_wink.gif

Excel and Power Point are covered briefly in the MS Press Book. I don't know if it will be in the actual exam. I think the focus will be on Word, Outlook and Outlook Express.
    Agreed. I'm using the Sybex book, and it appears to cover just those 3 (Word, Outlook, and Express).

I was just reading through the book, and I'm starting to agree with you. It does appear to be someone easier.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:
    Agreed. I'm using the Sybex book, and it appears to cover just those 3 (Word, Outlook, and Express).

I was just reading through the book, and I'm starting to agree with you. It does appear to be someone easier.

Yes, in my opinion they should have made the 272 the first exam and the 271 the second. That would have made more sense.
    If you have the chance you should take a look at the MS Press book too because it covers some stuff that the Sybex book doesn't.
    I'll look into that. Thanks!

Well, over the past two hours, I've gone over my book for the 272 portion, and I must say, this seems more like I'm taking an intro to Microsoft class, than a Microsoft exam. Most of this stuff seems to be a review on portions of 271. Everything else is just tool bars, IE options, Outlook/WORD/Exress crap.

We'll see. I hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth icon_wink.gif

I might be taking this test here in the next few weeks.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    SirDrago wrote:
    Yes, in my opinion they should have made the 272 the first exam and the 271 the second. That would have made more sense.
    If you have the chance you should take a look at the MS Press book too because it covers some stuff that the Sybex book doesn't.

You could take 272 first if you like....besides, I think that 271 sets the tone for 272, and the order seems right to me.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
    orion82698 wrote:
    Well, over the past two hours, I've gone over my book for the 272 portion, and I must say, this seems more like I'm taking an intro to Microsoft class, than a Microsoft exam.

Hehe yes i just hope that the questions on the exam are that easy too :).
    SirDrago wrote:
    orion82698 wrote:
    Well, over the past two hours, I've gone over my book for the 272 portion, and I must say, this seems more like I'm taking an intro to Microsoft class, than a Microsoft exam.

Hehe yes i just hope that the questions on the exam are that easy too :).

icon_lol.gif me too!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:

icon_lol.gif me too!

I'll find out next Tuesday icon_study.gif .
    SirDrago wrote:
    orion82698 wrote:

icon_lol.gif me too!

I'll find out next Tuesday icon_study.gif .

Awesome! Good luck, you should be fine :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congrats dude icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
    Well, my 272 is scheduled for Jan 3rd. I tried different locations, but the places that are near me are all colleges and ofcourse, they're closed most of December icon_mad.gif

Oh well. My Wife is having surgery anyways in 2 weeks, plus I we have a lot things to do for Christmas still, so this will give me time to do that, and study up. I still kinda wish I could take in another week though...
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• route-eroute-e Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    orion82698 wrote:

Thank GOD Access or Excel isn't on this test. I wouldn't even bother at that point icon_wink.gif

ARRG!!.. are you serious?, cause my company just paid for our training and the instructor told us that he got like 5 excel questions....I'm not to fond of excel formulas and what not.
    Sometimes a cert, can just plain hurt.
    route-e wrote:
    orion82698 wrote:

Thank GOD Access or Excel isn't on this test. I wouldn't even bother at that point icon_wink.gif

ARRG!!.. are you serious?, cause my company just paid for our training and the instructor told us that he got like 5 excel questions....I'm not to fond of excel formulas and what not.

I'll let you know tomorrow icon_wink.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Well, my welcome kit arrived yesterday. I was amazed at the speed. It only took 3 weeks to come in. Funny, it arrived the same day that I passed the 272. Now, I guess I'm going to be requesting another one :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

• chilskaterchilskater Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    anyone wanted to sell his books?i wanted to take those exam
  • chilskaterchilskater Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i notice that 70-272 is the easiest..i try to online mock exam..70-270 is hard and tricky