Passed: 70-298, MCSE 2003!

ScubaSteveTXSTScubaSteveTXST Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well All:

Want to say thanks for the tips I picked up along the way, I just wrapped up the 70-298 with a 780 (and 3 days study heh) and that got me my MCSE :).
Scuba Steve
MCSE 2003.

Comments

• taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    congratulation.

u got it.

nice.

:D
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow 3 days Study?

You must have years of Security Design experience hey?

What resources did you use and reccomend?
  • ScubaSteveTXSTScubaSteveTXST Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Treg wrote:
    Wow 3 days Study?

You must have years of Security Design experience hey?

What resources did you use and reccomend?

I used the test from Measure Up to get a feel for the test format, then just took it. Most of the questions seemed to recap the prior exams. The thing that I did not like it was the time allotted for each testlet I was down to the wire in each section because it took a while to read the case study.

I looked at the Syngress book for the 298 and previously I have liked their books but this one looked like it hadn't been updated in a long time. So I skipped it.
    Scuba Steve
    MCSE 2003.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. Even more so, congratulations on your MCSE 2003!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
    Congrats :D

I want an MCSE icon_cry.gif just two exams to go for me now. banana2.gif can't wait.

Congrats again!!!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and definitely big congratulations are in order on the new title of MCSE. It's Miller-time. drunken_smilie.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • LERXSTLERXST Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to take 298 next week. My co-worker took it a few weeks ago and said he was running out of time as well. After the first couple he just skimmed the case study and reviewed the diagrams then went to the questions and refered back to the case study to find the answer. He said the dialouge in the case studys was a joke and to retain that much info in that short amount time is almost impossible. He also said that many of the questions could be answered with refering to the case study at all.
    298 seems more like a recap of the security aspects of 290-294 and applied in a design format. How long are people studying for this?
  • ScubaSteveTXSTScubaSteveTXST Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LERXST wrote:
    298 seems more like a recap of the security aspects of 290-294 and applied in a design format. How long are people studying for this?

If you have passed the core exams already you could easily pass this without much effort, its the format that took me a while to get used to.

Skimming does help, but there are some sections where you must hunt for the right answer sometimes you'll see somthing like XYZ stake holder thinks so and so what can do you to address his/her concerns?
    Scuba Steve
    MCSE 2003.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm hearing everywhere that the 70-284 exam is really easy to pass. I studied very hard on the security aspects of everything as I went through my MCSE. My employer made me to 70-297 but I eventually want to get my security cert. They are also making me do 70-299 which is already one of the security electives. I think when I go to take my 70-299, I am going to just register to take my 70-298 and see how I do.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    LERXST wrote:

If you have passed the core exams already you could easily pass this without much effort, its the format that took me a while to get used to.

Skimming does help, but there are some sections where you must hunt for the right answer sometimes you'll see somthing like XYZ stake holder thinks so and so what can do you to address his/her concerns?

Cool. I scheduled this for tomorrow afternoon. I studied some this weekend and think I can pull it off.