I failed I-Net+ exam.

catherine1001catherine1001 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the I-Net+ . I failed it by exactly 100 points after memorizing questions, and concepts/notes from both CRAMSESSION and Whizlabs test questions and study guides. Failed because unlike the people who wrote the exam I live in the real world. The technical questions were fine, but some of the "What is the most common..." questions surely are dependant on who does the research etc, etc. Study for the knowledge about security, but unless you actually need this qualification then don't bother. BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT Whizlabs AND CRAMSESSION prior to purchasing.
catherine

Comments

• bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    From what I've heard, this might be the easiest CompTIA certification available. Failing by 100 points is pretty far away from passing, especially when the minimum passing scores isn't that high to begin with. It's hard to chalk that up to just getting a few tricky questions here and there.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad or put you down, but memorizing answers is never a good way to study, and is about as far removed from the "real world" as you can get. Read books instead of practice tests next time and you'll be fine.
  • pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    catherine1001 is your username bry13 on cramsession. both post look very similar.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    This is a 1st. icon_eek.gif
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • jake_flanneryjake_flannery Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll take the test around the first week of August. I'll let you know how I did and what I used to study etc. So far, the materials that I have referenced look WAY too easy. That scares me when the stuff is too too basic.
    I want someone to call me a Geek someday.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    CompTIA says that iNet+
    validates the knowledge of technical and non-technical professionals alike with at least six months experience in Internet, Intranet, Extranet and e-commerce technologies.
    That's a lot of area to cover, and 6 months is not a very long time to do it!

Although there has to be a certain depth to the knowledge, and certainly some troubleshooting experience involved, this is an entry-level exam and it's not completely for "technical professionals"(whatever that covers). It is going to be easier than cert exams that focus in on one certain area of technology, like networks, domains, directory services, etc.

catherine1001 just underestimated the depth, wasn't deeply enough into the actual exam format, and used the wrong study approach. It happens.

Good luck to all on this cert.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    I failed it by exactly 100 points after memorizing questions, and concepts/notes
    Sorry to be so bold, but that statement says it right there. You didn't learn, but simply memorized the answers to questions. If you memorize answers, than yes, I can sure see someone failing an exam. Personally, I put effort into learning the material first.

My 2 francs.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...Well...i have extensive knowledge on this...but just for shits n giggles..

at 3pm i looked on CompTIA.org and found that i-Net+ was a test i totally forgot and wanted to take it...called my testing center at 3pm...paid and came in at 5pm and took 18mins and completed & passed the test..

..it was easy for me...but then again I have took every test & certified except Linux+ and CTT+...so im used to CompTIA culture and testing by now....its DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE....

Best advise I could give would be...not knowing the answers but also knowing why the other choices are NOT right..
    Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider
  • sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...Well...i have extensive knowledge on this...but just for shits n giggles..

at 3pm i looked on CompTIA.org and found that i-Net+ was a test i totally forgot and wanted to take it...called my testing center at 3pm...paid and came in at 5pm and took 18mins and completed & passed the test..

..it was easy for me...but then again I have took every test & certified except Linux+ and CTT+...so im used to CompTIA culture and testing by now....its DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE....

Best advise I could give would be...not knowing the answers but also knowing why the other choices are NOT right..
    Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The sample questions are meant to get you used to the testing method and the way the testers phrase questions. They are to be used as a suppliment to book study and practical experience. I will try to avoid mentioning things othes have already but please do not insult those resources because of your lack of preparation.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • unknown1234unknown1234 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it wrong to chuckle at this post? Hope you have a sense of humor.
  • jcosleyjcosley Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think i've learned alot just by reading this post. Don't just study test questions and answers, BE PREPARED BEFORE TAKIN THE EXAM, and READ READ READ.

I plan on taking the A+ and Net+ withing a few months and I know i'm not goin to go and waste my money if i have any shred of doubt that i'm not prepared.
    I Rock, but I'm not made of Stone.
  • Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dude, just study, don't memorize. Try to figure out what it all means, and how to apply it to stuff you know.

Also, buy the right Guides, by getting a $3 bargain bin i-net+ exam prep at micro center, and a free pearson guide, and taking about 3-4 diff practice tests, I passed mine with an 855, very easy test!

just take time, and figure out how to tie it in with what you already know, you'll pass the second time! :)
  • TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheap suggestion for study materials.

Go to Amazon Marketplace and get the Exam Prep i-Net+ by Tcat Houser
    They didn't pay royalites as they we're going under and sold the books for $3.00 a pound, by the pallet load.

Sure it's six years old. And html is still html. Legal stuff I wrote then still applies today. For about $6.00, if you study you have to pass.

HTH
    Tcat
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog
  • jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sad to read this topic.

DO NOT MEMORIZE THE ANSWERSfor my net+ i studied from a printed source, went to a course and a lot of practice exams. That help me a lot. mhh 100 from the passing scores seems that you need more self study and more expertise :S.

Net+ is easy.

:s
    DONT GIVE UP, KEEP TRYING. LIKE MY PARTENERS IN THIS PAGE
    "A PASS IS A PASS"

xD
  • oldbarneyoldbarney Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For me, I-Net+ was the easiest of them all.

I took the I-Net+ exam at the end of 2002. This was shortly before beginning and earning a 17-semester hour certificate in web development from the local college. At the time, my HTML knowledge of tags was way below the level it is now. As a result, I likely missed more questions in this area than I would now.

What helped me pass, I believe, was my then-knowledge of the net and networks in general, which has been acquired through many years of experience.

Recently, I've been freelancing on some web sites and content managers for small businesses. Thinking of trying the CWS foundations exam. Looking at the security path for CWS. Should have converted I-Net+ over to CWS back when that was possible.
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed with an 844, it was definitely the easiest exam from CompTIA that I've taken. Security+ being the hardest.
  • pbradishpbradish Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know this is a pretty old thread but had to say that you really cannot blame one or two sources of study materials (especially a practice test) for failing the exam. You should be using every resource you have available to you.
  • catlococatloco Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not to add more fuel to the fire, but this is the easiest test by Comptia in my opinion. If you pass the Net+, then this is exam is a cakewalk. I think it took 10-15 min for me to take that test. I didn't need a book after studying for the Net+, I used test questions too for new content on this exam. Never memorize questions without knowing the reason for the answers.
    MCITP: SA, MCTS, MCSE 2003+S, CCA, MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    catloco wrote:
    Not to add more fuel to the fire, but this is the easiest test by Comptia in my opinion. If you pass the Net+, then this is exam is a cakewalk. I think it took 10-15 min for me to take that test. I didn't need a book after studying for the Net+, I used test questions too for new content on this exam. Never memorize questions without knowing the reason for the answers.

WOW....talk about beating a dead horse.....the I assume to be girl failed more than a year and a half ago AND she's been inactive on this board close to that same time...we're still adding our insults to injury?

chances are...she could be way passed that by now and doing something more advanced than maintaining websites.
    Jack of all trades, master of none