Passed CEH!

sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took my CEH exam today and passed! it was a pretty good test, more difficult than expected.

I purchased the official EC Council CEH study guide (version 5), but was suprised to see that I got version 4 of the test (125 q's vs. 150 q's). Either way, the study material was pretty good, but too lengthy.

On to CCSP.

Cheers!

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. . . you hacker. icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations! Will you be going for any of the other pen testing certifications?
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought about the Pen test cert, but not sure. I have been catching up on certs since may '06 and don't want to get burnt out. I was planning on taking a break and going after CISSP. We'll see.
  • mengo17mengo17 Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sekure70 wrote:
    I thought about the Pen test cert, but not sure. I have been catching up on certs since may '06 and don't want to get burnt out. I was planning on taking a break and going after CISSP. We'll see.

You started to get certs on May 06 and you already have GIAC GCFW, MCSE:Security, CCNA, CCSA, CEH, VCP, Server+, Linux+, Security+, Network+, I-Net+, A+ ??????
    I think I am going to slow. Do u study or work fulltime ?
  • some people were just born ready. lol
    Go for CCIE Security
  • sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hehe, I work full time. All my CompTia certs are 2 years or older. My CCNA is about to expire and I started on the path for MSCE 2003 in early 2005, but never finished. My VCP and my CCSA are about 18 months old. In 2006 I slacked off, but got back in the swing of things in May. Since May I finished my MCSE:SEcurity (3 tests to complete), then went for (started in Nov and completed cert on 31 Dec) and just finished CEH. Going to go after CCSP before CCNA expires.

It is a bit easy for me since I do this every day. So for me, work = study and study = work.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations, I've been looking at some of the study material for this and it very interesting.

Just make sure you dont go over to the dark side icon_twisted.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • reachashishreachashish Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can u ppl tell mee what is the difference in syllabus betn ver 4 n ver 5 ....
    i attended the classes for ver 4 ....
    but didnt gave exam at that time ...now i see the version has changed ....
    so can i give this exam ??
  • kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ohh man u passed...that is so cool...congratulations.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.