Options

Slayed the beast!!

jbriggyjbriggy Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-291 yesterday and PASSED with an almost-wet-myself score of 900! On the first try too! It was tough, very tough, but 2 1/2 months of studying definately paid off.

46 Questions
3 Simulations
About 8 interactives (drag and drop)

Very Heavy on DNS
Very Heavy on WSUS <-- (about 10 questions!!)
Very Light on Routing and Remote Access
Very Light on DHCP

Study materials used:

Learnkey
CBT Nuggets
Testout <-- excellent resource

I'm gonna take a little break as I'm not sure where to go from here. I think I might go for my CCNA next, as I'm wary of continuing on the Microsoft track without a job that will alow me to hone my skills a bit better. I'd hate to lose what I've learned. I've heard that the 291 is the hardest test in all of MCSE, not just MCSA. Can someone who has gone the distance confirm or deny that statement?

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    nice! congrats!

Go ahead and take your well deserved break!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations!

Great week for you- the Wolfpack are slaying beasts, and now you slay one yourself!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on slaying the beast. I would have to agree that it's the most difficult of all the MCSE exams due to the wealth of information that is packed into this single exam. Good luck with your CCNA if you do choose to go that route.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    That is awesome! Congrats!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I slayed the beast the same day you did. I had the same amount of questions and sims but they were weighted a good bit differently. I had a lot more RRAS than I had thought there would be and of course DNS DNS DNS. icon_lol.gif

Take some well deserved time off, have a nice break, then come back swinging for the fences. :D
  • Options
    mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations what did you use to study WSUS?