I've been looking forward to this post!

davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got done taking the 291 for my first time and I ended up passing with a 760. Granted it's not the best, but who cares. lol :)

After a long night with no sleep (I think my girlfriend had a dream she was in a boxing match, I must have gotten hit 20 times last night icon_lol.gif ), then on the way to the center there was a bunch of construction and a car wreck. I was freakin' out thinking I would be late. I finally got there 5 min's early, signed in, and tried to calm down.

Anyway, here is what my test looked like. I had 46 questions, 3 of which were sims. I got tested over DNS (of course), RRAS, and a fair amount of DHCP. I was at question 40 when I started thinking, the guys at techexams said there was going to be a bunch of Wsus questions, I've only had 1. icon_wink.gif So you know what happens next, questions 41 - 46 all covered Wsus. lol

I used Learnkey, CbtNuggets, testout, and Mike Meyers passport. If I had to pick just one, I was very happy with the learnkey videos they didn't cover Wsus but everything else was solid.

Ok, I'm going to go grab a bite to eat and celebrate my MCSA! See you in the Cisco forums!

Comments

• geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good job!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • catlococatloco Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're one of the lucky ones, because majority of my test was WSUS after focusing on DNS\DHCP.
    MCITP: SA, MCTS, MCSE 2003+S, CCA, MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. It's a good score, especially since it got you a pass on your first attempt.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations!
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    :D:D
    :Dicon_lol.gif
    nice1
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. Good luck on your endeavor into the Cisco realm of networking.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Congrats I hope to join the club in a few weeks
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job, good score
    get back to studying!!!
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations!

Watch out for that Mike icon_mike.gif character over in the cisco forum, May catch the 'cisco bug' off him icon_wink.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    I'd KILL for a 760 tomorrow. Congratulations!

Mr. Ye
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□

Mr. Ye

Well, lets hope you don't have to. BUT if you do, just remember to pick up the empty cartridge casings and wipe your finger prints off everything. icon_lol.gif Seriously, good luck tomorrow!!!!

I checked on the MCP site today and they already updated my transcript. Vue was really on the ball! When I finished my 270, it took like three weeks for prometric to send in my stuff and get it updated. After seeing the MCSA on my transcript I think I'm going to go ahead and get my MCSE before I start the Cisco thing. I had a grin on my face a baseball bat couldn't have taken off, and I'm thinking the MCSE will make it even bigger. So I already started studying for my 293. lol

Thanks for the comments guys (and gals)!
  • mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations what did you use to study WSUS?
  • Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    davenport wrote:

Mr. Ye

Well, lets hope you don't have to. BUT if you do, just remember to pick up the empty cartridge casings and wipe your finger prints off everything. icon_lol.gif Seriously, good luck tomorrow!!!!

I checked on the MCP site today and they already updated my transcript. Vue was really on the ball! When I finished my 270, it took like three weeks for prometric to send in my stuff and get it updated. After seeing the MCSA on my transcript I think I'm going to go ahead and get my MCSE before I start the Cisco thing. I had a grin on my face a baseball bat couldn't have taken off, and I'm thinking the MCSE will make it even bigger. So I already started studying for my 293. lol

Whew I passed that beast today and I am right there with you on studying 293.

Mr. Ye
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    davenport wrote:

Mr. Ye

Whew I passed that beast today and I am right there with you on studying 293.

Mr. Ye

Good deal!!! Congrats on the pass! And with no shots fired it's even better. I've watched almost half of the 293 cbtnugget and so far it's not lookin' bad at all.

Also, I sent a PM to mkc7985 about WSUS.
  • andymartandymart Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you out there :D