WSUS on 70-291

mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering what everyone is using to study WSUS and for those who have taken the test... What are the WSUS questions on the test about?

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mkc7985 wrote:
    Just wondering what everyone is using to study WSUS and for those who have taken the test... What are the WSUS questions on the test about?

Someone posted this link a while back:
    http://www.wsuswiki.com/

And here is the official documentation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3BA03939-A5A9-407B-A4B0-1290BA5182F8&displaylang=en

Otherwise just install and play with it.

As for the second part of your question - no one is allowed to answer that due to the NDA. Just check out the above resourses and you should be fine. Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are the WSUS questions on the test about?

WSUS
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    sthomas wrote:

WSUS
    icon_lol.gif
    sthomas wrote:

WSUS

And here I thought that question couldn't be answered w/o violating the NDA. icon_lol.gif
    Nice!
  • mkc7985mkc7985 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was not asking for a absolute exact replica of questions. I just want to know what type of things will I be faced with on the test. I Have read through all of the stuff at microsoft, but i think that anyone who has been through these tests knows that having information directed towards what will be on the test is a lot more helpful.

No one says "well it will be on dns dhcp and rras, so go ahead and learn about all of that" They get courseware or a book on 70-291 and learn what they need to learn to pass the test.

So while the comment may be funny it doesn't do me a lick of good. I have to take the test in two days whether I like it or not, and I am doing everything I can think of to cover my bases, so to tell you the truth I don't really appreciate the comment.

Anyway Thanks icon_confused.gif
    mkc7985 wrote:
    I was not asking for a absolute exact replica of questions. I just want to know what type of things will I be faced with on the test. I Have read through all of the stuff at microsoft, but i think that anyone who has been through these tests knows that having information directed towards what will be on the test is a lot more helpful.

No one says "well it will be on dns dhcp and rras, so go ahead and learn about all of that" They get courseware or a book on 70-291 and learn what they need to learn to pass the test.

So while the comment may be funny it doesn't do me a lick of good. I have to take the test in two days whether I like it or not, and I am doing everything I can think of to cover my bases, so to tell you the truth I don't really appreciate the comment.

Anyway Thanks icon_confused.gif

Oh, and your welcome for the links I gave. icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW - Yes people DO say stuff like "you'll get a lot of questions on DNS so make sure you know it". Check the exam objectives if you think you need more specific information, MS will tell you such helpful stuff like "Administer and Manage DNS in an Active Directory environment".

I'm not sure exactly what you wanted, but they can ask you anything related to WSUS. How to synchronize with an upstream server, how to manage via computer groups vs. Group Policy, maybe even minimum system requirements. So get an up-to-date courseware book on 70-291 and see what those authors say about WSUS.

Good luck on your exam, and I'm sorry you didn't get what you hoped for here.