BSCI 642-901 more questions!

NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
OK, i was trying to get some rest from studying but i'm too excited about getting into the new BSCI studies.
I was wondering if anybody knew what IOS version the lab sim they run on the exam?

Would i be OK running lab with my 2621 routers or i need something better?

more questions, to be continued...
What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
- 70-270 -

Comments

• DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
    Excellent Choice
  • NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    did a little research, answering my own question, maybe some one else will find it helpful to them..

New Required Exams as of August 15, 2005 Exam Topics
    642-901 BSCI
    Building Scalable Cisco Inter-networks ISR routers, updates to Cisco IOS(R)
    Software 12.4 routing protocol, routing authentication security, multicast routing, IPv6
    642-812 BCMSN
    Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks High availability, new wireless LAN fundamentals for
    Airespace thin-client, voice, and Cisco IOS switch security
    642-825 ISCW
    Implementing Secure Converged Wide-Area Networks Cable and DSL broadband access, Multiprotocol Label
    Switching (MPLS)/MPLS VPN fundamentals Cisco IOS Security featuring S2S VPN (IPsec and generic routing
    encapsulation/IPsec [GRE/IPSEC]), Cisco Easy VPN, Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention
    System (IPS), Cisco AutoSecure, Role-Based CLI Access, and Cisco Security Device Manager (SDM)
    642-845 ONT
    Optimizing Converged Cisco Networks Voice over IP (VoIP) fundamentals, techniques to address VoIP
    challenges, concepts and implementation methods for quality of service (QoS), wireless security
    standards, and Cisco wireless LAN (WLAN) networks

(")_(")domination.

- 70-270 -
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    The new book for BSCI uses the 2811. I can't see why yet why you could not use 2621's. You could also take a look at Dynamips and use 7200s. I was able to set up a lab pretty similiar to what they have on page 48 and page 148 using Dynamips and it runs pretty smooth. I also have a couple 2620s, and a few 2950 switches which I like to integrate with Dynampis.

Cheers! :D
    awesome, i will setup a dynamips lab, what're your dynaPC specs? icon_eek.gif

(")_(")domination.

- 70-270 -
  • srgsrg Member Posts: 140
    optimus wrote:
    The new book for BSCI uses the 2811. I can't see why yet why you could not use 2621's. You could also take a look at Dynamips and use 7200s. I was able to set up a lab pretty similiar to what they have on page 48 and page 148 using Dynamips and it runs pretty smooth. I also have a couple 2620s, and a few 2950 switches which I like to integrate with Dynampis.

Cheers! :D

Which book is that?

(")_(")domination.

- 70-270 -