Options

Passed 874!

Sunshine_54Sunshine_54 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

Took my first ever cert test and passed Security+ with a score of 874! For this exam I used the Sybex, Syngress, Techexams and Certguide books. I was actually surprised I did so well. Only about 10 questions on the test I recognized from Practice questions that I had found. The majority of the test seemed concerned with what I would do in a certain situation. Unlike what other people have said as well, there were very few port related questions. From what I can recall there were alot of questions about CIA, hashing, access control models, , SSL, IDS, auditing and network devices. As long as you have studied the basic concepts and use common sense it all seems to work out in the end.

Ugh, now to get started on my other certs..... A+, Network+, MSCA, CCNA....who knows when I'll ever finish.

Comments

• Options
    chardychardy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am taking my Sec+ at the end of the month.
    Lost One
  • Options
    -EOS--EOS- Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Nice score!!

Good luck on your next cert. Which are you going for next anyway?
  • Options
    I'm going for my Network+ next. I've taken CCNA classes already so I figure I should already know alot of what to study. Just happy I don't need such a high mark to pass it.

Also for the Security+ exam I remembered that there were a few questions on risk assessment, kerberos and ipsec.
  • Options
    vijaycujovijaycujo Banned Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif also taking mine soon icon_confused.gif ...Good luck on the other certs icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats...
    I'm feeling you on the "when will it end" part.... :) - probably when there are no more computers---- icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great Job on your first cert! Keep going strong!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Only about 10 questions on the test I recognized from Practice questions that I had found.

Were the questions exactly the same?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    The questions were worded slightly different. As long as you re-read every question and take your time you should do fine.