Exam Cram Books

Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone here use the Exam Cram series of books for 70-291 ? I am thinking of purchasing the book just for this exam.

Let me know if its good material.

Thanks
Colin
:D

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much experience do you have? The 291 is regarded by most as the toughest of the whole MCSE series. You may want a more rounded and detailed book than the Cram. I do like the Cram series as a whole, but usually as a supplement, not my main source.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
    For my 291 I used the Exam Cram book and CBT Nuggets, in my view the Exam Cram book for this exam sucked, very badly worded

I have used the exam book with all of my exam and they are normally excellent but the 291 book was not good at all, just my view
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend using the MS Press book for this exam and all Microsoft exams. They are a little dry but get the job done well. You can use the ExamCram as a second study guide.

http://www.amazon.com/MCSA-MCSE-Self-Paced-Training-70-291/dp/0735622884/sr=1-1/qid=1171375801/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6708027-8584807?ie=UTF8&s=books
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup I am using the MS Press book for my initial study material but wooooo is that book dry. I have read abour 3/4s of the MS PRess but just could'nt take it anymore.

I just picked up the Exam Cram 2 book yesterday and have already read the first 3 chapters. I am looking forward to the DNS chapters to help my understanding of the topic.

I have been studying for about 4 weeks and allllllllmost feel ready for the exam. I have roughly 2 years of Net Admin experience but have never used RRAS never ever... or will most likely not use it.

MS Clustering should be a 70-291 topic, is it on any of the exams ?

Colin :)
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hm. Why did you just quote yourself? Give people a chance to respond. Also, Clustering is on 293, not 291.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Hm. Why did you just quote yourself? Give people a chance to respond. Also, Clustering is on 293, not 291.

He probably meant to hit the "edit" and hit "quote" instead, I've done that myself. Regardless, the redundant post was deleted. No harm done.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    icroyal wrote:

He probably meant to hit the "edit" and hit "quote" instead, I've done that myself. Regardless, the redundant post was deleted. No harm done.

Very true. I've also seen a lot of people quote themselves trying to get their post answered quicker so their post gets bumped up. Not saying that's the case here, just making a general statement.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks