642-901 Recommendations?

Mauricio DavalosMauricio Davalos Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all:

I´m about to face the 642-901. I felt kind of confy two weeks ago, but now I´ve heard about so many people failing, that I´ll be preparing a litte more before diving in.

To prepare I took the Boson training last week with the new courseware and thought it was preety good, however I´m still trying to get some decent test simulation software(Boson´s still 801 -oriented and the router simulator simply doesn´t do a good job). I also got the new BSCI book which seems superior to the previous one, at least in the chapters that I reviewed. Anyone knows anything about an updated software?

All other comments on the 642-901 are welcome too.

Regards.

Comments

• NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You know, i think you would get much more responses if you posted this in CCNP forum!
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Mauricio DavalosMauricio Davalos Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Idea, actually, most of the info I got from the 901 came from there. I guess CCIP is still not as popular. Anyway my time is running out, I´ll try early next week, so with or without software, here I come.
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Good Idea, actually, most of the info I got from the 901 came from there. I guess CCIP is still not as popular. Anyway my time is running out, I´ll try early next week, so with or without software, here I come.
    Don't mind if popular or not, if you're skilled enought, go on ! icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    With the new and updated exams its hard to recommend stuff -- the "old" stuff may have been good, but no idea about the "updated stuff."

For the Old CCNP I used the Cisco Press Flash Cards and Practice Exams -- and thought success on the practice questions did indicate possible future success on the real exams. Plus I like the "reference sheets" that were PDF files on the CD (which sound like they may be available separately now from Cisco Press). Not sure if the updated Flash Cards/Practice Exams are available.

Boson does the test engine for the Flash Cards and for the Practice Exams that come with the Cisco Press books. In the past they had different "exam sets" you could buy if you needed more practice (or another evaluation of real exam readiness).

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!