route optimization online test

CGDreamCGDream Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everybody,

next week i'll have a route optimization online test (academy ccnp), i know the chapter is not that long, but it has many things to read and understand such as the commands.

so, what is the most things that usally come in route optimazation test. i am afraid the test will be tricky. icon_sad.gif

thsnks.

Comments

• techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey cg, The route optimization chapter is not too tricky, although the material can be a little bit. the test should be on distribution lists, passive interfaces, and configuring route maps. and that should be it. it's not too hard. there should be a little bit of stuff on NAT. and that's all. They put this chapter in a wierd place cause it's right after the IS-IS chapter, and right before BGP. it should be in the front, cause the first few chapters are all ip addressing, NAT and DHCP, and filter lists. but it's a pretty short chapter. If you know how to configure distribution lists, and route maps, you should be o.k. if you want to ask me anything else feel free to anytime. Hope this helps! BTW how's the ospf CS going? Im still working on the BGP CS, which is really hard!
    information belongs to the public! hack the planet!
  • CGDreamCGDream Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi techman22,

how are you ?, i am glad that you reply me :D . i think you right about the chapter place. now i am going thorw it. today i'll start with my OSPF CS. i think i will open a new thread for it.

i wish you luck in BGP CS. do it well and good. icon_wink.gif . i know you can do it.
  • techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey cgdream how's youre ospf CS coming along? I just got done with my BGP CS. I did o.k. I even confgiured NAT on it. cause I used a private addressing scheme. since I have been using that scheme most of the semester. I mutihomed an ISP with BGP, and configured BGP. getting ready to take the exam at the end of the year. let me know how youre doing on that ospf CS?
    waaaaaaaaw techman22, where has you been :D ????

you did it man ,, congratulation

i am ok,, today i started it.

i have alos web development project which i must finish also.

our instructor gave us 10.0.0.0 class A IP, SO, i need to summarize all routes from each area into the core and Plan for approximately 30 networks in each area with exception of the core (Area 0).

also i didnt get how to redistribute routing information between OSPF and the RIP network which sre Vista and Eastasman. i checked Chap 7 but i foun it that the core is RIP and that area is OSPF.

he told us one way but i forget it.
    hey cg, what's up? just finished my BGP case study and my lab final. everything went real well. Ill be taking the final on monday. and then ill start preparing to take the certification exam at the end of the month. interesting how youre instructor gave you a class a address. we were given the option of using our own addressing scheme. I used a class B private address on the inside, and configured the firewall for NAT. If youre case study is the same as mine, youre internal protocol youre running is ospf. only one area sjould have rip running. and area 0 is always running ospf. when you resistribute you have to configure passive interfaces on the edge router that's running rip. because you only want it to recieve updates and not forward rip updates to the core. if you have any questions let me know. good luck. I know you'll do fine. keep me posted on how you do? BTW cool matrix avator!
    techman22 wrote:
    when you resistribute you have to configure passive interfaces on the edge router that's running rip. because you only want it to recieve updates and not forward rip updates to the core.
    hi, techman22, how is everythings ? icon_wink.gif thatnks for the tip, that's help alot.
    http://www.isk.kth.se/kursinfo/6b2964/laborationer/casestudy/OSPF%20Case%20Study.pdf
    lucky me, i found as same as my CS in the internet.
    i'll try to found a solution for the IP by asking the instructor to repeat what he said that days.
    glad that you like the avator. thanks the webmaster how put in the forum. icon_wink.gif
    hey cg, how's it going? Im doing good. I just looked at youre ospf case study, and it looks pretty much exactly like mine, with a few exceptions. frist, I had two more routers in my setup, but that's just because my lab setup was different. we have twelve routers in our rack. second we were given the option of using our own addressing scheme. the case study gave us a class c address to use. but my instructor let us use our own addressing scheme's. and the only other thing different about mine from yours is I configured NAT on the asbr router. how are you doing on the CS? let me know if you have any more questions. Ospf is usually a good protocol cause normally it works.
    hey techman22, i am good and everything is ok, lucky you man. you made it practically also. icon_wink.gif , in my case i just fill in paper that's all. write the configuration the reasons... ets. do you belive that we still work in the 2500 series routers for this semester icon_evil.gif . i don't know why our college people don't bring the 2600 series for us.

anyway, i am still thinking and waiting to meet the instructor for the ip problem.

thanks dude for everything,

i'll till you what happen when i meet the instructor later.

see ya
    hi everybody, specially techman icon_lol.gif

the instructor told me the way to solve the VLSM problem in CS.

first of all i have to make 4 big block from the ip 10.0.0.0. each area will take one. then i'll subnet each ip for each area to get 32 subnet.

i know it will not be understood by this way. so, i'll do subent the ip then post it here.

see ya dude,
    hey cg, how are you? glad to hear you got that problem squared away. you should have 30 loopbacks configured in each area except the core. with each loopback capable of supporting however many hosts you need. with a class a ip, and vlsm you should configure an 8-bit mask on eahc loopbakc. remember to summarize those loopbacks! Im taking my online final tomorrow. wish me luck. keep me posted on how you do CG! good luck!, techman
    hey techman, how are you ?
    let me proud man. do it well and profissional icon_wink.gif . i know you dude. about the CS the instructor delay the CS dead line untile next week, becouse we will have an BGP online test. unfortunately the chapter is too big and the exam will be after 3 days.

hey, tech what do you remmaber of BGP chapter 7 exame is it trecky or not. i need a clow man.

oh yes, about the VLSM i just finish it with one of my friends. thanks for you dude.

good luck man, wish you luck buddy.

CG