Options

Hello! A few questions about CCNA

JCrouseJCrouse Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

First post .. yay!

Ok, im new to the CCNA program but have done Satellite Communications work for the last 6yrs or so (X/Ku/C/L Band/EHF/UHF/Microwave/Tropo) and worked with Promina 800 nodes and other various routing equipment used by the military.

Ive decided to take the single CCNA test since I do have some backround with the basics. Im also looking at diving right into CCNP when I complete the CCNA and that leads me up to building a lab. Ive read most of the posts on building home labs and the such, but, i still have some questions of my own.

Question 1: The bryant advantage, is this program as good as the posts and testimonials ive seen on his website? I currently have the 2nd Edition Cisco Press by W. Odem and looking into Either Sybex or TBA. Suggestions?

Question 2:
Im going to list what I have for sake of someone catching something I might need that I dont have

Currently I have.

1x2621 w/ wic-2t IOS: c2600-adventerprisek9_sna-mz.124-10
1x2621 w/ wic-1t IOS: c2600-is-mz.122-6b
1x2620 w/wic-1t IOS: c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-28
1x2511 Access IOS: 12.3.3
2x 2950 XL WS-C2950-24 IOS: c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-11.EA1

Cables
2xDCE-DTE Smart Serial-DB60
2xDTE-DCE Smart Serial-DB60
1xOctal Cable for Access Server
1x Console Kit

I know what i currently have from reading is overkill for the CCNA but, will hopefully give me a good start into CCNP.

Question 3: I know self studying is hard for many and Im going to set a goal and schedule my test exam date so i have a hard figure to aim for to test. What is a realistic goal timeframe to go through this material? 60days? 90days? Thoughts?

Sorry that this has been long winded, but, like many of you this is a stepping stone and an investment so im trying to get my questions out of the way.

Thanks again =)

JC
Dont blame me, I just work here!

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have the Trainsignal videos by Bryant, they included the ebooks of his training, they are very good, I recommended

Also check "Cisco 7200 Simulator", it is a open software where you install the IOS and work with the right commands in a cisco router, you can manage a lot routers, for my study I am using that and I emulate 9 3620 and work better that Boson, work excelent for RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, Frame Relay, etc. I use boson for Switching, that excelent.

Sorry my english

Raul
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Greetings,

Most of your questions regarding the CCNA can be answered in this Sticky on the CCNA forum.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268