70-284 Passed

nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took and passed the 70-284 Exchange exam yesturday and scored an 820 which I was not expecting to see!

It was the final exam to complete my MCSE and MCSA: Messaging certifications so my goal is achieved. I'll be trying to talk work into some more training in the near future though.

The exam wasn't too hard but also not that easy either. I felt a lot of the questions only touched on exchange as an excuse to ask more general Windows / Networking questions. To be honest I wasn't feeling that good when I ended the exam but the score brightened my day.

I have no prior knowledge of Exchange until about 4 weeks ago when I took the 2400c 5-day course. I then studied really hard using the 2400c MOC book, MSExchange.org and Technet as my main resources. I built a VPC environment at home to practice using and configuring all aspects of exchange in a multi-server environment.

I'd recommend getting to know exchange really well before taking this exam by practicing with it and reading as much as possible about it. Also spend some time on reviewing your Windows 2003 (DC, GC, DNS etc) knowledge and some basic networking information as well. Microsoft seem to pin a lot of expectations on your knowledge in those areas as well as Exchange itself.

Thanks to all the help here over the last few months. I started a rather intense period of study in October with the aim of training for and taking all 7 exams required for the MCSE. I achieved that goal and passed every exam first time which was a real confidence boost in my abilities.

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, Steve!

I greatly appreciate your example of dedication.

Good luck for the future!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Much congratulations to you on passing your 70-284 Exam. Even more congratulations to you for obtaining your MCSA:M and your MCSE! It definitely sounds like you have a great amount of dedication to acheive the goals you set for yourself. That is success right there. Congrats again and good luck to whatever you decide to do next.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Nice work Steve!! icon_thumright.gif

Any plans now?
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys :D.
    geekie wrote:
    Nice work Steve!! icon_thumright.gif

Any plans now?

Well I did take a couple of SQL 2000 courses a couple of years back and have been working with SQL on-and-off at work for a while now so was thinking I might try to take the two exams I require to achieve the MCDBA.

I'd like the look into a Cisco or possibly some of the newer Microsoft courses but I'm nor sure yet whether I can badger any more training out of work. It's rather costly otherwise!
    I'd like the look into a Cisco or possibly some of the newer Microsoft courses but I'm nor sure yet whether I can badger any more training out of work. It's rather costly otherwise!

Me too. I plan on the CCNA after 70-285 which I have booked in on Tuesday. Although I'm seriously considering rescheduling as I just haven't had any study time recently.
  • nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How did you find the Vista exam? I've not really had time to play with it at all at the moment but it could be worth a look to keep me current on the client side.

I'm also considering the 70-285 as that would give me the MCSE: Messaging.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I found the Vista exam relatively easy. Well I thought I did and then got my score report and found out I scraped through with a 700 icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

here is my review