Transcender Net+

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a copy of the Transcender Net+ test. It's ver. 1.5 how close is that to the actual exam. The passing grade on the Transcender exam is 730. I've been getting between 710-800. Should I go and take the exam now???
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Moderators on the is forum recommend that you be passing at about 90% on practice exams first. Have any idea what your range represents percentagewise?

I didn't use Transcenders on Net+, but if they're feeding you a lot of real-life scenario problems, then they have captured the spirit of the CompTIA exam.

If you haven't tried the Net+ practice exams on this site, you should try them. I think the exam is pretty close to the real thing in difficulty. If you haven't tried it in a while or never tried it at all and you get about 90%, you should have a good chance of passing.

Of course, all depends on the "luck of the draw" from the exam database as far as difficulty.

Good luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have taken a lot of practice exams that I have found on the net. I have also taken the practice exams here on this site and done well with them. I have also done the Transcender test. Should that be enough for me to go and take the test???
    CCNP Security - DONE!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    People can advise, but only you can decide.

First, go to CompTIA site and check the Network+ objectives against your present level of knowledge. Even use the objectives to write your own study guide from what is in your head without referring to a book. This will help you see just how close your general knowledge is to the objectives.

Second, read through a study guide. I used All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide, by Michael Meyers. I feel that it does a good job. Some like the Sybex books for certifications. None of them are perfect. But, it's guaranteed, if you find it in a study guide, it could be on the exam.

You should never go into an exam if you do not have self-confidence. You can only gain that confidence by the above kinds of comparison. But, you'll never be 100% confident that you will pass--there's always that chance that the luck of the draw from the pool of questions in the exam database will be just the ones you don't understand--but it's not likely to happen.

The object of exams is not to prove that you're perfect, but of giving a solid indication that you are competent enough to trust with a network or a PC.

Looks like you are not a stranger to taking exams. If you passed the A+, then with enough preparation you can pass Network+.

Sure this is not what you wanted to know, but you have to decide. Best of luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey man thanks for the advise. I've been in the IT field for years. I'm pretty sure I can pass the exam. It's just that I hate taking exams...not a good test taker here, but I will pass it! I'll let you know how I did when I take the real deal. Going to take a practice trancsender test at my school Wednsday night. If I pass the Transcender practice test...my school will pay for me taking my real Cert. exam. (I go to night school). :D

BTW...I'm using the Sybex book for Net+ along with this site and a few other sites for my studies.
    CCNP Security - DONE!