Options

Quick Question

mrcert2003mrcert2003 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
To All,
My experiences in Test Taking has been a ride of my life..Studying hard countless nights and looking at scenerios that would never play in real life situations :) ..My quest now is Security Plus I guess some people can read novels and mystery I can't.. After reviewing material for security + I notived alot of sample exams are very different for this exam.. I've already read the Exam Cram book, but I like to get a feel on whats on the exam. Can anyone please tell me their experience with this exam? If I can help you with any of your future exams please let me know. Glad to help anyone ...First time on this forum and looks cool...
[/img]

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The best example of questions for any CompTIA exam I've taken so far has been the sample questions from their website.

Of the 3 books I used for the exam (Syngress, Sybex and Passport). The one that had the best examples of CompTIA type questions (IMO) would be the practice questions that came on the CD with the Passport book.

Hope that is of some help.
  • Options
    The questions on the Security+ seemed very straightforward to me. Not too many scenario type but more like "What is ___?" or "This is defined as ___?" For being I think it was like 100 questions, the test seemed to go by pretty quickly to me. I used the Syngress book to study for that test and I liked the questions in that book.
  • Options
    mrcert2003mrcert2003 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The best example of questions for any CompTIA exam I've taken so far has been the sample questions from their website.

Of the 3 books I used for the exam (Syngress, Sybex and Passport). The one that had the best examples of CompTIA type questions (IMO) would be the practice questions that came on the CD with the Passport book.

Hope that is of some help.

Thanks for the Info ....
  • Options
    atomsplitteratomsplitter Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know your ports. There were half a dozen port questions on my exam. these questions should be easy points.

As for protocols, my exam seemed to concentrate on L2TP, PPTP, SSL, SSH, IPsec.

Other questions that caught me off guard were VPN questions and audit questions. I knew the basics, but the questions were more in depth.

As always with these cert exams, the wording of the questions is sometimes tricky so read through them more than once.

I scored an 803 using the Sybex book for study and the practice exams on this site.

Good luck!