Options

Explorer Error

cdamaniacdamania Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I am getting a explorer.exe error when i open up my computer, my documents, my network places. i do not get it when i open up internet explorer. It says the following:

Faulting Application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulty module tbnpl.dll, version 4.5.92.0, fault address 0x000028b9

This was the other one:

The shell was stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted.

Any Suggestions or Solutions

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since I don't get any results on a google search for tbnpl.dll, I would guess you have spyware.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    A fresh install if you can stand it.

Otherwise do a good cleaning on the machine and repair install or atleast do a system file check on it (sfc /scannow).
  • Options
    TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had an explorer.exe problem on an 98 O/S once, which resulted in the same problems you had and it was easier to reinstall the operating system. If your runing on a XP machine, maybe you can do a restore point to an earlier date if possible.

Additionally, give a Spybot a run over maybe.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Sorry im getting a little out of order.

Ensure all of your Hardware is functioning properly then go on the the forementioned fixes. Bad mobo, ram, or HD can cause a plethora of seemingly random problems.