MS offers exam insurance?

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ummm, not quite. Its EXAM INSURANCE that you must PAY for. I thought I'd seen it all icon_lol.gif
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    strauchr wrote:
    Ummm, not quite. Its EXAM INSURANCE that you must PAY for. I thought I'd seen it all icon_lol.gif

Yes, little quick on the trigger icon_sad.gif I kept reading, but still if someone is a little 'iffy' on the take...not such a bad plan.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ummm.... could you edit the thread title please :)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote:

I don't have the keys to this room icon_sad.gif Sorry.
    Plantwiz
    _____

It's acutally not THAT bad of a deal.

I called my local center today (per the MS instructions). You pay (you're pricing may vary) $170 for the test insurance (otherwise it is $125). You pass, you get a voucher for 25% off the next exam. If you don't pass, you take the test again 'free'....or instead of paying an additional $125...you've just paid 45 to take it again.

So, if you not sure you can pass the first time...it's not a bad gamble. That being said...I see this as electronics insurance whereby the store makes money and most people don't have problems with their electronics.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    I think the thread title is OK. I believe most people understand that insurance is something you have to PAY for (and pay for...and pay for....and pay for :)).

Nothing misleading there, IMO.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    blargoe wrote:

As forbesl mentioned, insurance is something that's not assumed to be free. eSurance offers insurance too, but that doesn't mean your car is covered in a crash just because you flirted with a redhead in a skin-tight body suit. Microsoft offers the exam insurance, just like they offer their exams and they offer training: but no service or product is for free.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    blargoe wrote:

As forbesl mentioned, insurance is something that's not assumed to be free. eSurance offers insurance too, but that doesn't mean your car is covered in a crash just because you flirted with a redhead in a skin-tight body suit. Microsoft offers the exam insurance, just like they offer their exams and they offer training: but no service or product is for free.

The title was originally titled something along the lines of, "It's BACK!!! MS Offers free 2nd shot" but then it was discovered it wasn't the same thing but instead was exam insurance. Hence his post.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    icroyal wrote:
    The title was originally titled something along the lines of, "It's BACK!!! MS Offers free 2nd shot" ...
    ah.....my apologies to blargoe, then.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ah, okay. I hadn't seen the original title of the post, so I couldn't understand what the fuss was about.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.