Options

How many hours did this one take?

Rai_poloRai_polo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've put my 70-290 on hold while I wait for some parts to build my server and started studying security plus. Was wondering how many hours you guys put into this before passing?

Thanks alot.

Comments

• Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    My guess is your parts will come in before you learn Security+.
  • Options
    catlococatloco Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me about hour and a half. I scored in the high 800's.
    MCITP: SA, MCTS, MCSE 2003+S, CCA, MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It will vary from person to person depending on experience. It took me about a month to study for this exam. It is not hard but some of the questions are very obscure. Anyway, Good Luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    atomsplitteratomsplitter Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took about one month of casual study. 1 week to read the book. 3 weeks of taking various practice exams. Maybe 3-4 hours per week of taking exams. If you hit it hard, learning it in a week is a possibility.

I used the book from Sybex. It comes with practice exams on disc. I scored an 803.

Tip: Know your ports. Numerous port questions will net you some easy points on the exam.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    it took me one week to get through the book (MOC 2810: Fundamentals of Network securiity), 1 week of practice exams and reading through the technotes on this site (Measure UP and Techexams.net). I also remembered a lot of the information like IPSec from 70-291 and networking stuff from Network+. About two weeks of preparation and scored 830 on the exam.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)