outlook ActiveX Problem

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has a a Fix for this problem

I have users who if they have our company log in their signature in outlook the get

the following error

one or more Active X controls could not be displayed because either

1. your security settings prohibit running activeX control on this page or
2. you have block a publisher on one of the controls.

anyways can work around it by going to tools > options> security and using the interent zone insted of the restricted zone BUT security updates seem to reset this option on me

and if i enable active X uner the security setting ffor restricted zones next time you run IE 7 it says that the setting pose a security risk and need to be changed.

I'm looking for a fix but can't find anything yet.

I was hoping someone has found a solid fix.

let me know

Comments

• mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    When I get an email from 2 of our engineers, I see the same message. I haven't found a solution or reason why...but it's only from these 2 engineers, no one else in the company.

If you find anything let me know...I'll do the same.
    Working on Linux+
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    mrhaun03 wrote:
    When I get an email from 2 of our engineers, I see the same message. I haven't found a solution or reason why...but it's only from these 2 engineers, no one else in the company.

I know removing the logo form the signature works in our case but people want the logo so I'm still digging

if i find it i'll psot it here
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mrhaun03 wrote:

This was happening to me with Distribution lists, the way I had the folder structure configured in my outlook, and the rules were placed in the wrong order. If you are using rules, I would play around with your rules and make sure they are in the proper order so you're not getting duplicates of an e-mail.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first thing I would do is go check your security settings in Outlook - I am taking a guess that they prohibit running anything that could be harmful to the machine.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is the logo being pulled from a web server somewhere, if so you might want to just consider going into the signature editor and pasting it into the signature (I think that's possible).

I would be very cautious about lowering the security setting for email. You set it to be too permissive and just opening an malicious html email message could bring you to your knees.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    blargoe wrote:
    Is the logo being pulled from a web server somewhere, if so you might want to just consider going into the signature editor and pasting it into the signature (I think that's possible).

I would be very cautious about lowering the security setting for email. You set it to be too permissive and just opening an malicious html email message could bring you to your knees.

I re-did the the signature for several users just to make sure they didn't do something incorrectly the logo is store locally on the users machine.

it is definately a paib in my butt because I do ont want ot make the settings too permissive but inordr to get this sigs to work I need to reduce them and once they're reduced they are either reset or the next tyime a users launches IE is says the settings pose a security risk and wants to change them.

I honestly can't see why there can't be an option to allow jpegs in signatures or something....maybe there is a way to exploit outlook.. i'm not sure

my next step is to create a custom outlook form on my box and see if it works with the signature imbeded.

I just need some free time to play with it a bit