Options

Good online training

i'm looking for a good alternative to classroom training, I really don't have time and prefer to learn on my own terms. I do enjoy cbt's and i'm really looking into streaming subscriptions offered, I just don't know which is the best.

my areas of interest are security, wireless, microsoft, and cisco.....
if they include virtual labs that's a plus.

i've found a few but like I said, i'd like input from the people on this forum.
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I LOVE TrainSignal!! I was just watching it again today!!

Also CBTNuggets is very good too. I like them both but differently. The TrainSignal material prepares you for more of a functional understanding where the CBTNugget material is more toward the exam (though it goes through the HOW/WHY just as TS does...I just am hooked on the TS material at the moment).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    yeah, I also have some trainsignal stuff and love it!! I may just stick with trainsignal but i'm just checking to see if there is any others just as good, i'm also considering a cbt nuggets streaming subscription.

thanks
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I posted a review of TrainSignal's Wireless Networking CBT for the CWNA in the CWNP forum. I like TS' material quite a bit too. I'll be posting a review on similar test prep material from CBT Nuggets soon.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    yeah, I read your review when you posted it, i'd be interested in your review of cbtnuggets because they have the whole suite, not just cwna
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The one thing that we don't receive when using CBTs is an acknowledgment that we have gone through it and completed it.

Companies here in Germany that pay for their employees to do training or a course, stipulate that you must have some kind of proof that you have done a course, this is quite simple if you are actually attending one, but not easy if you are just buying CBTs with the company's money.

I find it very difficult to fit my schedule to suit classroom training, does anyone know of quality online courses, similar to classroom training, that give an acknowledgment that it was completed successfully?

Cheers,
    prophet
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    -prophet- wrote:
    I find it very difficult to fit my schedule to suit classroom training, does anyone know of quality online courses, similar to classroom training, that give an acknowledgment that it was completed successfully?
    Many educational institutions have online learning classes that are free. One good example is MIT OpenCourseWare. I would assume that there is an official acknowledgment of successful completion of a class, but you'd need to check for yourself.

Here's a Web site listing quite a few online education classes.