Anyone tried using this?

BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am about to download it but wanted to see if you guys had tried it out and what you thought of it.
Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Breadfan wrote:
    I am about to download it but wanted to see if you guys had tried it out and what you thought of it.

Sure, I've tried using nothing before. Didn't really get me far though. icon_sad.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icroyal wrote:
    Breadfan wrote:

Sure, I've tried using nothing before. Didn't really get me far though. icon_sad.gif

icon_lol.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    musta forgot the CTRL V lol
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    icroyal wrote:
    Breadfan wrote:

This made my night! :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Move along people...there's "nothing" here to see...
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I downloaded it twice.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    I have used "this" with success. While programming, though :)
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    icon_lol.gif

My colleague asked me what i was looking at.

First time i could say 'Nothing' and mean it :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

This is what I meant:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/clientsecurity/default.mspx

:D

I was in a hurry before I left for work friday and didnt do a quick scan on the post before I hit Submit.

At least you guys got a little humor on a friday eh?

Anyways, I signed up for the Longhorn server beta and saw the Client Security download too. Just was wondering what you guys thought of it and if it was the latest attempt to get money out of people again by MS

I'm off for another day of studying for 70-270 icon_rolleyes.gif
    Mark Twain

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm glad you have a sense of humor too, and can take some good natured ribbing from your friends here. :D

Regarding the Client Security, is that the latest iteration of Windows Defender?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Here is an excerpt from the FAQ page at http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/clientsecurity/faq.mspx

Q. What is Microsoft Forefront Client Security?
    A. Microsoft Forefront Client Security provides unified malware protection for business desktops, laptops and server operating systems that is easier to manage and control. Built on the same highly successful Microsoft protection technology already used by millions of people worldwide, Forefront Client Security helps guard against emerging threats such as spyware and rootkits as well as traditional threats such as viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. By delivering simplified administration through central management, and providing critical visibility into threats and vulnerabilities, Forefront Client Security helps you protect your business with confidence and efficiency. Forefront Client Security integrates with your existing infrastructure software, such as Active Directory, and complements other Microsoft security technologies for enhanced protection and greater control.

Looks like MS wants to be a major player in the A/V market. This should make Norton and McAfee VERY happy. (Though I think both of those products are junk anyway icon_evil.gif )

After reading the FAQ's, I will wait...THIS looks mmuch more fun...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx
    Mark Twain

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Forefront Client Security is an excellent product. I've attended several of the webcasts where Microsoft introduced Forefront Client Security (FCS). With FCS, you can manage everything from a central intuitive console, you can easily deploy all your antivirus clients, and lots more My favorite feature is that there are many antivirus engines you can build into FCS. For example, you can have Mcaffee, Symantec, Kaspersky, and other engines all running against files. All vendors release updates at different times of the day. This helps ensure your FCS antivirus are update as soon as possible with the latest virus definitions and are protected as much as possible. It's basically running 5+ antivirus programs on 1 computer without the performance hit. There are many other good things about FCS, but I can definitely seeing it becoming a very successful product for businesses in the future.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks