217 Booked for Wed

Exam booked for Wednesday..any helpful pointers ? Been studying big time on DNS,RIS,GPOs etc..

How many questions can I expect ?
A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If I remember correctly: 51
  • Stone ColdStone Cold Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Mikiemov

I will be taking 219 on wednesday so lets hope we are both posting PASSED messages on here that evening icon_confused.gif:

If all goes well we will both have 5 of the 7 we need for MCSE :D

Lets go kick some MS butt icon_wink.gif
    and thats the bottom line cos Stone Cold said so!
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Absolutely....
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Both 217 and 219 deal very heavily with GPO and DNS and RIS. Be sure to be very comfortable with designing a network for both of these. Know where the boundaries are for a Forest as well as for a Site. Know the roles being played by the computers here and how to best balance resources.

Best of luck to those yet to take it.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Good luck.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good luck guys, im right behind you. Got set back a lil bit because of a large roll-out at work but hoping to take this test in the VERY near future.
    Just over 12 hours to go before i tackle 219 icon_eek.gif

Just going over some of my material to make sure i go in tomorrow with this stuff FRESH in my mind.

I am feeling reasonably confident but i don't know if thats a good thing???

Anyway Good Luck Mikiemov with 217 and i will let you guys know tomorrow afternoon what went down and wether i am icon_lol.gif or icon_cry.gif
    Get a good night's rest.... have a good meal before going in for the exam... take a deep breath... and kick its a$$ :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    Pavlov, I wish that was the case. Exam was 9.15am..turned up at 9am to be told that the site was having "difficulties".

Turns out, when the exams were being downloaded last night, they were experiencing power outages therefore damaging the exam files and o/s of the workstations. Got told at 11.30am that there was 0% chance of sitting the exam and the next time would be next week.

At which point I flipped, and demanded to sit the exam by friday at the latest, luckily the other 3 candidates (1 mcp, 1 oracle, 1 cisco) felt the same.

So we will get a call in the next few hours to be advised when we can sit our exams. But fingers crossed it will be Friday.
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Damn thats horrible. icon_sad.gif

But at least you get more time to go over the information. :D
    One way of looking at it....buy to be honest, dont really need more time. As I have done transcenders/sybex exams until they are coming out of my ears. Im 100% psyched for the exam and want to sit it now !!!!!
    That sucks! Some of these centres really need to get there acts together icon_twisted.gif

Anyway on a happier note icon_lol.gif i passed 219 this morning.

Only scored 723 which i was pretty dissapointed with, but did not get much sleep last night and woke up feeling a bit rough so i was just pleased to get the pass icon_cool.gif

Had some right horrible "drag and drops" in this one which i think cost me in terms of the overal score as these are the ones worth the big points i think! My mind was just not on the ball this morning and I must just consider the pass an achievement.

Dont think i will book anymore for early morning, need a bit longer to wake up fully icon_wink.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!

I'm always suprised to hear such incompetence of testing centres... :o
    Well done stone cold, i just wish I was posting good news. just called the test centre who advised that the problem is due to "scripting errors"..This is a joke, you'd expect sitting IT exams at £100 a pop, that the integrity of the exams would tighter than a duck's arse.

No idea now, if sitting exam tomorrow in which case I study tonight, or on Friday in which I'll have a light night and watch man u get beat at footy...
    No fun to have a delay once you're prepared and mentally ready to take the test. I've been very fortunate. The center I use to test is close by my house and is using newer equipment... no 15" monitors. Those small screens can wreak havoc on you with those drag and drop questions icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    Very true Pavlov, I could travel 120mls to sit the tests anytime etc, but they are on 15" screens with really bad workstations.

The local site is 10mins walk from house and work, have 17" screens but only "open" the test room 1 day a month. As there are only 4 pc's the slots get taken up pretty quickly...The downfall of living in the highlands of Scotland I guess.