Options

Problem with Mapping Drives

nogennogen Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a user account in active directory that is not being mapped to 3 network drives. I have checked the logon script and everything is fine there. The other accounts are working fine. I have ruled out it being a problem with the users machine. I do not have the users in a group however. I will probably do that to see if that works for all the accounts. What are some of the issue that you all have had with this situation.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What about creating a new account to rule out something on the local machine?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    nogennogen Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    done that..
    The 3 network drives are working fine on all the other account and the logon script is the same for all 7 of the accounts.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Does the command prompt window for the login script stay up long enough for you to perhaps pause it and read any error messages? Does it even come up at all?

How do you deploy your logon script? Via the netlogon share or via group policy?

Can you map the drives manually for the user without a problem?

Much more info is needed.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...