So who's stuck in the Blizzard?

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was going to go to Chicago this weekend to visit my family. All I can say is, I'm sure glad I didn't! I think we're supposed to get a couple of feet of snow here in Madison Wisconsin. Last Blizzard I remember is the Chicago blizzard of 1999. It was like 8 months of snow/ice and constant heavy snowfalls. My car's gas tank kept getting frozen. icon_sad.gif
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    icroyal wrote:
    I was going to go to Chicago this weekend to visit my family. All I can say is, I'm sure glad I didn't! I think we're supposed to get a couple of feet of snow here in Madison Wisconsin. Last Blizzard I remember is the Chicago blizzard of 1999. It was like 8 months of snow/ice and constant heavy snowfalls. My car's gas tank kept getting frozen. icon_sad.gif
    I recall that and also if memory serves...tires were freezing to bare pavement in MN.

Still got a bit of snow from the last dumping a week or two back (though the media made it out to be some 'event'). I guess it's time for some more snow....the roads just dried off and why not? If we cannot have rain....might as well have snow with the low water levels.....so long as it doesn't lead to too much flooding in the spring icon_sad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    I can tell you that it took me 2.5 hours to get to work today instead of my normal 45 minutes. As soon as you hit 30mph the car is sliding all over the place. My sister in-law lives in Germantown, WI and they already got about 15 inches so far and she said they are supposed to get another 12 inches or so until tomorrow morning....

Gotta love Chicago........Gotta love Milwaukee........
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    IN wx rpt

Left work yesterday evening in rain and ice. Sure it would freeze over last night. My wife was stranded about 50 miles away and had to get a room.

Got up this AM to 42 degrees F and not any ice in sight. Guess sometimes it pays to be a Hoosier!

Good luck to all you snow-bunnies!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    we were supposed to get 10-12 inches, but not a flurry all night. Now about 2:30pm it started snowing.

guess it's a good thing we have 30+ meterologists on staff in the area to 'predict' the weather for us icon_rolleyes.gif

Seems like they were more on target back in the 70s verse making weather a daily media event.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My band had to perform at the House of Blues today. One word NASTY. HOB is only about 13 blocks from me and it took me an hour to get there.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keatron, you must live pretty close to where I lived for 25 years of my life. I would say 30 or so minutes away. It's a city called Arlington Heights which is only 5-10 minutes away from Schaumburg.

House of Blues is a great place. I used to go there with one of my good friends to enjoy the music and have some food. In fact, I went there just before I moved to listen to some bands perform (you might have been one of them!). When is the next time you perform? I'll actually be visiting a friend within the next month or two and wouldn't mind watching you perform.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks