Options

Passed 830

famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
Took the Security+ exam today and passed with an 830. It was pretty straightforward. 90 minutes, 100 questions, and some of questions were kind of off the wall and you really didn't know what they wanted. To me, it was a typical CompTIA exam where memorization of stuff could get you through it.

I used the MOC 2810: Fundamentals of Network Security course and book, Measure Up practice exam, and technotes/practice exams from this site. The exam objectives on the comptia site are extremely outdated in my opinion inc omparison to the material on the exam.

I had a lot of port numbers memorized from study and from Netowrk+, but I only got one question about port numbers. I received many on DAC,RBAC, and MAC. Many on encryption algorithms and how they work. I also got the simple questions about cold site, warm site and hot site, identifying the name of an attack, and incident response.

Overall, a good test other than a few obscure questions that you know could have easily been asked in a better way, and a few questions requiring the BEST answer amongst multiple right answers. If you use some common I.T. security sense and memorization of meanings and explanations, it isn't that bad.
B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
M.B.A. (Technology Management)

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good stuff dude icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats famos. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    sekure70sekure70 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    same score i got. congrats!
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Thanks all!!! I have to take a little break so I can take some courses/trianing on some of software we are using on our company network. Next Monster will be the 70-293 :o .
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very useful test info. Thanks and congrats.