E-Mail Archiving Soloution?

5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
The company I work for is currently undergoing massive document management system changes.
One of these is implementing an E-mail archiving soloution.
I have been looking at two options so far,
"NLINK - E-mail eXtender" and "QUEST - Archive Manager"

From what the senior tech here has been telling me (I'm only a Jr trying to decypher his cryptic way of talking!) he wants the software to archive every e-mail coming in - and to give the user an option to create their own archive folder where they can place old e-mails in...
He has givin me the task of finding a good soloution and writing up a report of a few soloutions with pros n cons etc.

Just looking for opinions on your current software etc that you may be using - any problems that you have had - any recommendations?

thanks for your thoughts :)

-Chapt3r
Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
-J.R.Purser

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    what type of mail server are you using??

Realistically I think your company should look at archiving emails that are over 1 year old.

archiving every email that is comming in and having it stored on a mail server (and back up tapes) is kindda redundant but this could be a bussiness need of your organization.

here is a link to a good resource

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/software/Email-archiving/
  • -EOS--EOS- Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have a look at Symantec Enterprise Vault 7.0
  • 5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We are running Exchange 2003 SP2

Great link cheers Smallguy.

2 solutions caught my eye,
    'Symantec Enterprise Vault' and 'GFI MailArchiver for Exchange'
    Just looking further into both of these at this time.
    -J.R.Purser
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I have great things about GFI's Mail Archiver. I recently made the switch from Symantec security products on my Exchange server to all GFI products: Mail Security and Mail Essentials. I have been extremely happy with GFI as a whole. I am not a fan of any product symantec sells, over priced and system controlling.
  • 5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    finnished my report..... manager loved it :D
    cheers,
    -c:4
    -J.R.Purser