OMG I FAILED!!!!!!

grrrrr_8grrrrr_8 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I cant believe I failed the 070-270 exam. I used the xxxxx study guide for review. PLease HELP!!!!! what's the best study guide? icon_sad.gif my score was 654

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    First thing's first, using a **** is NOT a good idea. That cert killer thing is a ****, it gives you (supposedly) the answers to the test. If you didn't spend the time reading at least one book and getting lots and lots of hands-on experience with XP, then you shouldn't have bothered taking the test. (You might as well have thrown the $125 in the trash.)

Here is where you start, the MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Second Edition from MS Press. It'll include a trial edition of Windows XP Pro, which you can use to set up a Virtual PC lab for yourself and get some hands-on experience. Aside from that, make sure you've read over the objectives on the MCP site, so you know what you're studying. I can also recommend CBT Nuggets or TestOut if you need interactive training, as well as Microsoft's Events and Webcasts page.

Do us all a favor and throw away that ****. If you did pass the test with that thing, you wouldn't know the first thing about administrating Windows XP, and that makes us all look bad. Study the material, don't ****, and you'll be able to pass the test without any problems.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    I second what Slowhand said...

How can you really expect to pass AND understand what you're doing just by trying to memorize a bunch of questions and explanation written in barely discernible English? icon_redface.gif
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • grrrrr_8grrrrr_8 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I already bought the 70-270 MS PRESS. I didn't know that **** is a trash, but i did notice that I got more confused when I used that as a study guide. I have a lot of experience with XP because thats what I support at work. I guess **** made me stupid! taking the test again next week after I'm done with the MS Press book. Thanks for the advice.! icon_eek.gif
  • zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this is making my point that you cant really **** to pass an MCP despite all the rumors about it on this forum.

Study is the only key.

If you are lazy, dont go for certs, I did MCP certs for XP first of all because I want to know all the tricks and features of XP that average techies wouldn't know. (MCP on XP will not even teach you all you should and could know about XP, keep that in mind !!!!). So if you score great at exam 270, 271 and 272, don't think You are the "XP guru".

Again I am always anoid when I speak to people about my certs on windows XP, that many would tell me "oh yeah XP I should take that exam, I know XP" that's where people are wrong, Microsoft is requiring that you master all the features and troubleshooting the system.

If you are lazy, may I suggest you study for an exam for working as a civil servent, it would be the best job for you.

good luck
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    zebra-3,
    What's up with the slam on civil servants? Are you saying that all of the NON-civil servant you know are hard-working, industrious and would never ****? icon_rolleyes.gif I don't think so...

Just my two cents.

Georgemc
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    georgemc wrote:
    zebra-3,
    What's up with the slam on civil servants? Are you saying that all of the NON-civil servant you know are hard-working, industrious and would never ****? icon_rolleyes.gif I don't think so...

Just my two cents.

Georgemc

you're right about that. there are lazy people everywhere.
    I don't know how that works in the States but back here in Europe I have witness things I wont even bother to put on this forum as you wouldn't believe it anyway.
    I believe it's not that bad in the states from what I have seen, for instance your Police and army is really looking busy.
    I had to do one year in the army for zero salary, dude if you want to see lazy people, come over, I'll show ya.
  • grrrrr_8grrrrr_8 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have already started studying AGAIN the 70-270 using the MS Press. I'm planning to take the test again in 2 weeks. what are the chances of me passing the actual test if I did good on the practice test using the MS press CD. icon_rolleyes.gif [/b]
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    while it is true you SHOULD be worried about passing the exam in 2 weeks or not what is more important (in my opinion) and will be a good gauge I believe of where you stand on the objectives, is how well you can ACTUALLY DO what the questions within each objective are asking you to do.

KNOWING HOW TO DO what the questions ask you will help you much more than just reading it. after all, arent we are trying to obtain the knowledge so we can do a lot of things in the objectives, whether it be on the job or on our pc?

It's taking me much longer than I had wanted and anticipated, because as I am making notes from 3 different sources, typing them into study guides, then doing exercises in between, THEN doing the practice tests to test me.

Everyone is different of course, whatever works for you, but this is only my 2 cents. Take it with some salt (and maybe a shot or 2 icon_wink.gif

Good luck and let us know how you do on it
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.