Failed Exchange 2007

As the title says I failed Exchange 2007 71-236 exam. Haven't got my score report yet but logged on to my Prometric Candidate history which says a fail.

I'm not surprised considering the majority of the exam was Exchange Management Shell questions which I have very little experience with. Will update this post when I have my score report in front of me.

Sitting 70-285 tomorrow to complete my MS track so I'm keeping my fingers crossed icon_lol.gif
Up Next : Not sure :o

Comments

• tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    that sucks man! You are brave to take it already! Good luck on the 285.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's too bad. You'll get it one day.

How much have you used Exchange 2007, or Exchange for that matter? Have you taken 70-284 yet?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed this as well by the looks of things! Seen as I only had a week to prepare and the exam bombarded me with Powershell questions it'll be interesting to see what I acutely scored.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. It'll take some time with learning Powershell, the revamped console, and the newly designed architecture. I probably won't be doing this exam for quite a long time, unfortunately. Good luck on your next attempt.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    How much have you used Exchange 2007, or Exchange for that matter? Have you taken 70-284 yet?

I played around with beta 2 for a bit and then installed the eval copy on some VM's when that came out, did the two free e-learning clinics from MS and read up on the roles and and a few articles on msexchange.org.

The e-learning clinics made a big deal out of the Exchange management shell so I should have guessed that the majority of the exam would be directed at that icon_rolleyes.gif

I took and passed 70-284 last year and I'm sitting 70-285 tomorrow. I've rescheduled this exam 3 or 4 times now icon_redface.gif thought I'd better just go for it and see how I go.

Will provide results and review tomorrow icon_eek.gificon_study.gif
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate! :)
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good luck mate!

Thanks Luke! :D