Audio training… any good sources, recommendations?

GeekboyGeekboy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
As I try to put my battle plan together to prepare for some exams, I wondered if there were any good audio training options available that anyone would recommend. I figure I can use my iPod for more than listening to music. Since my commute is about an hour and a half I thought it would be a good idea.

Sorry if this has been asked before I just couldn’t find anything at this time. I was looking for maybe 70-290/291 or security stuff. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GeekboyGeekboy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found Preplogic, and they seem to be the only ones that have some audio stuff. Going to give them a try.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Let us know has that goes. Are you trying the Lecture Series or the Quiz-Me Series or both?
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Geekboy wrote:
    I found Preplogic, and they seem to be the only ones that have some audio stuff. Going to give them a try.

I used the PrepLogic audio course for the CISSP. It was 2 CDs. I put it in my vehicle's CD player and listened to it on my commute to and from work. I did this for several weeks prior to the test. I know for a FACT that this help my pass the CISSP. I can't say it was my main study aid, but I know some of the questions were answered on those CDs...the key is the repetition of listening to the material over and over...just once or twice is not going to help you. In a way, it is like listening to a song on the radio...eventually you can sing the song without having to hear it being played...(if that made sense). Same way with the audio CDs...eventually you begin to hear the guy talking in your head...even after you stop listening...that's when you know you've got it.

However, I do have one huge problem with the PrepLogic audio CDs. The narrator is an idiot. He is not a techie. He will say things like "Alogrithm" rather than "Algorithm" - as an Information Security professional, that drove me nuts! Anyway...
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sometimes the narrator is a computer.

I had some Audio CDs and if you listen REALLY carefully, it sounds just like someone has typed it and the computer has repeated it back.

I could be wrong, but that's how it sounded to me.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S