70-536 learning and practise testing

dizzy77dizzy77 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I have been testing my self with 'MS press training kit exam prep' and now I know answers to all questions. I think that learning directly from questions and answers is more efficient from book reading when learned more then about 70% of overall book material.
Would like to hear about yours learning strategies for this exam.

Is passing the 'MS press training kit exam prep' enough to pass real exam?
Are there any other useful training tests with additional questions available?

Thanks
Daniel

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    Passing any practice exam is never a guarantee that you will be able to pass the real exam. In fact, the actual Microsoft exam questions are quite different, and more difficult, than the practice exam questions in the Microsoft Press books. In most cases, practice exams included with books only test how well you learned the material in the book and not every subject that may be on the exam itself.

Many of the big certification preparation companies have practice tests for the MCTS and MCPD exams. Have a look at the Web sites for MeasureUp, Transcender, and SelfTest Software.
  • TigDragonTigDragon Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you know if Transcender, and SelfTest Software are the same company? I installed the demo download, but it seems they are exactly the same, except the interface is slightly different. However, Transcender charge $149 for one package, and SelfTest charge you $99. I must get something mixed up here.

Note:
    Copyright ® 2004,2005 Kaplan IT, Inc. Transcender is a registered trademark of Kaplan IT, Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright ® 2004,2005 Kaplan IT, Inc. Self Test Software is a registered trademark of Kaplan IT, Inc. All rights reserved.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    I honestly don't know if the same practice tests are sold under different names. Webmaster knows about such things, and I'm sure that he'll read this thread and enlighten us all.
  • Giovanni8089Giovanni8089 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently studied for 70-528 using the Self Paced training with the Practice Test software that came included provided by MearureUp. The test, which I passed first try, was much different than the questions in the practice exams. If you know your stuff, then when the questions change you should be fine.

I'm now studying for this test, 70-536.

Good luck!

Matt
    http://www.publicipmonitor.com
    http://www.codejournal.net