Passed 70-285

Scored 820 icon_cheers.gif

My final MS exam (for the time being :D ) and am so glad to have this one conquered!

The exam consisted of 6 case studies / teslets each with 4 - 6 questions lasting from 20 - 30 mins. I found the exam relatively easy, compared to 70-284 anywayz.

The exam covered the whole range of deign topics, co-existance, migration, upgrades and fresh implementations. Also the usual backup and restore through to OWA and GC placements. Also admin and routing group topology design. I had 4 drag and drop questions and the rest were multiple choice.

Gonna take a few weeks off now and then get stuck in to ITIL as I'm seeing a lot of UK companies requiring it.
Up Next : Not sure :o

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with ITIL!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Congrats!!
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate! :)

How long has the MCSE:M track taken you then? Average time per exam?
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
  • dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I was just wondering what you used to study for this exam. I am planning to take the MCSE messaging route as well.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats......thinking on MCA
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congrats mate!

How long has the MCSE:M track taken you then? Average time per exam?

Thanks Luke! I started with 70-270 in Aug 05, then 290 March 06 and then about two months between each exam after that. Although with all the recent beta invites over xmas and NY that set me back a bit.

Congrats on the pass. I was just wondering what you used to study for this exam. I am planning to take the MCSE messaging route as well.

Thanks for asking, I usually post my study methods. I used CBT Nuggets, all my notes for 70-284, I have a lab at home and work using Virtual Server 2005 and ofcourse Transcender 70-285, my fav testing engine. The nuggets were alright but I don't think the trainer is quite as good as the Server 2003 one, I just find him a bit boring :D
    congrats......thinking on MCA

Thanks, would love to to take the MCA route but the $25k entrance fee is slightly out of my budget icon_lol.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o