Options

Onward with Studying for Network+

vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Starting this weekend Im studying hard for the Network+ Cert.

The text I'm studying is: Network + (Exam N10-002) by Que Certification
ISBN 0789728303. This title was listed on the Comptia site under study materials a few months back. The comments on Amazon.com concerning this book were positive also.

Any other techs have any study tips or suggestion. icon_wink.gif
Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I used All-In-One Network+ Exam Guide by Michael Meyers--the only one that I used. I would recommend using it along with the one that you have. None of these books are perfect!

Also use the TechNotes and practice exams on this site. They are quite good.

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    how long do you intend to study for it?

may i suggest that you print off the technotes from this site and keep them with your book, perhaps get your hands on another (meyers passport may supplement your que book), visit some of the other exam portals and download their study material. technotes are short and sweet - cover the relevant objectives with little filler (you can get that from your books ;))

you will need to build a lab if you haven't one already. the stuff from a+ is covered in greater depth and the lab is a good double-check. the number of times i passed over stuff in my books, discovered it in the lab and then "found" it in my books was nothing ordinary.
    A+ Moderator