CCNA Network Troubleshooting Questions

teamanimalteamanimal Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I hope I worded that subject appropriately. The question I have is about those questions on the test that show you a small internetwork and usually ask you to find out why so and so can't connect or why a router can't reach the TFTP server. Usually there multiple networks and usually just one problem with it.

I definitely got this wrong my first try at the CCNA, but I think I may have gotten it right my second time, despite failing. But then again, there is no way to know for sure since there is no way to find out what questions we missed. I'm not even sure which section of the test that falls under.

I know we can't give out the answers here, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any practice exams that have similar questions. I want to make sure I can recognize the problem immediately. Or I wouldn't mind hearing how other people did, without giving anything away either.

P.S. The spellcheck thinks CCNA is a mis-spelled word. How ironic.
Kuma

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    http://www.transcender.com/products/demos.asp

check out the demo from transcender.

if you did decide to purchase, the link to the left of any techexams page will also help support this site.
    A+ Moderator
  • teamanimalteamanimal Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for that. I checked out the demo and its pretty good. They seem to have a pretty good guarentee that they products will work. Do you know any success stories? I think I am going to go for the test again in a few days. If I don't pass, I may go ahead and by the full version.
    Kuma
    Wait a minute.... What's the difference between the exams offered on Transcender and the ones offered here:

http://www.jrksoftware.com/640-607.html

Which appear to be the exact same software at a third of the price....
    Kuma
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    teamanimal wrote:
    I know we can't give out the answers here, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any practice exams that have similar questions. I want to make sure I can recognize the problem immediately. Or I wouldn't mind hearing how other people did, without giving anything away either.

P.S. The spellcheck thinks CCNA is a mis-spelled word. How ironic.

Why couldn't we give you answers icon_confused.gif Thats what we are here for..to help eachother prepare for exams. As long as your not giving us all the questions you had then there is nothing wrong with asking for help with something, especially if you confused about it.

As far as the CCNA not being picked up by the spell checker...I don't think many spell checkers will pick up acronyms...go figure I guess :P
    In that case, referring to the problem I mentioned above, does anyone recognize the problem and know what the answer might have been? There may be some variations on the question, but from what I could see, it appeared that the Subnet Mask of the TFTP was incorrect.

Any ideas???
    Kuma
  • SatSat Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In fact, EasyCert practice exams are much better than Transcenders for MCSE certification exams (and yeah! they are cheaper). Unfortunatelly, I have not used them for Cisco.

teamanimal wrote:
    Wait a minute.... What's the difference between the exams offered on Transcender and the ones offered here:

http://www.jrksoftware.com/640-607.html

Which appear to be the exact same software at a third of the price....
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    teamanimal: I don't see your question, but if it's your first quasiquestion you're reffering to, do the following when those kinds of questions come up.

It's called the Cisco 4-step troubleshooting system.

first ping the loopback address, if it doesn't work, you know there's something wrong with your TCP IP installation. second, ping the NIC (Ip address), if it doesn't work, there's something wrong with your NIC. third, ping the default gateway; if it doesn't work, there's a physical problem on your local network. and fourth, ping the remote (or destination) server. if that fails, then you have to look at the subnet maks and ip addresses used in the network. Pay a special attention to the host IDs used. Most problems are with host IDs using the broadcast ID of a subnet. (You can clear that part up by dusting your subnetting skills)

Hope that helps. icon_wink.gif
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.