Options

I think im ready

Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
I've been studying for the past Month or so now. I just took the Network+ practice test off of here and got an 85%. I have also been taking all the Transcenders that I can. I have been getting an 80-90% on all of those. Should I schedule D day?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you're scoring 85-90% on Transcender, you're ready. I was scoring about 80-85%, and I had no problems. Mostly troubleshooting, utilities(Ping, Tracert, ARP, etc.), Ports(21,23,25,110,80,443,169,119), and protocols(TCP/IP, OSI) are big too. Good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Just take your time and read the questions carefully. They're not that difficult if you make sure you understand them. Several of them will be real-life-scenario troubleshooting problems so be sure you sift out the pertinent information from all that's given.

Sounds like you have a pretty good grasp of the material, so you shouldn't have any trouble understanding the questions.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    sounds like you're ready to me. good luck.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Time to face the music :D Schedule it and get it behind you - think of it as an early holiday gift to yourself icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    Good luck and don't sweat it.
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Thank you all for your replies! As soon as I get my paperwork from my employer (they are paying icon_lol.gif ), I will be scheduling!!
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Tuition and exam reimbursement are a great thing! Our company even shells out for the books if we pass. I was at the level you are at, scoring consistently high all around. Best of luck to you!
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003