Sitting this one Monday **updated**

helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I finally decided I was as ready as I am ever going to be to go and hopefully pass this test. I scheduled for Monday with Pearson Vue. If anyone has any last minute advice I would be great to hear it.

Well unfortunately I was not ready at all. I bombed it. I would stay clear of the preplogic practice exams as I was scoring into the 900's steadily and failed the exam with a 551.

At least now I know what to study.
"Our arrows will blot out the sun."
"Then we will fight in the shade."

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Did you cover WSUS during you study efforts. Multiple postings have said that it is emphasized heavily on the exam, although it is only lightly touched on in most available study guides, if they mention it at all. You can do a search in these forums for WSUS to see what I mean.

Other than that, don't stress out, relax.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    georgemc wrote:
    Did you cover WSUS during you study efforts. Multiple postings have said that it is emphasized heavily on the exam, although it is only lightly touched on in most available study guides, if they mention it at all. You can do a search in these forums for WSUS to see what I mean.

Other than that, don't stress out, relax.

Yeah I have implemented it at work as well. I think that I have it down for the most part but was planning on going over all of the available options this weekend. Most of the stuff that has been in my study guide I have tried to implement here at work as I have free reign on the network here.
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Aside from WSUS, DNS seems to be heavily tested on 70-291. Make sure you're very good with it prior to attempting this particular exam. Other than that, you're set to go.

Best of Luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well as I stated in my original post I did not do so well. I think that I would have been fine but the thing that hit me really hard was WSUS (which I "thought" I was ready for) and RRAS (also thought I had it down very well). One of my problems I think is that I need to dig into all the available options a little more. I just hate having to sit down and memorize a screen just to say this is the tab you have to go to in order to uncheck this certain checkbox. Anyways I used preplogic exams which gave me a false sense of readiness (see above).

I am going to start today on studying the exam objectives again and dive a little more into detail on them. I think that I will be ready in the next 2 weeks to try again. Just a little worried.

Even though I failed I do not blame anyone or anything other than myself for failing. Although I must say on one question (and only one) I think that Microsoft did not provide enough info on it. I may have gotten it right though as I was more to the strong side of the objective that would fall under.

Anyways enough complaining and back to the books. I also am going to use Testout to freshen up on some things.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you did not pass. A lot of people fail this exam their first time around, so don't be harsh on yourself. Mistakes happen, and you learn from them. You now know your weak areas, so in a couple weeks, I'm sure you'll be more than prepared for it. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Don't worry about not passing, consider it a test run to see what this monster is like. You have an idea of what you didn't know well enough or what kinds of questions you may have misunderstood. Go back and study, using the Testout is definitely a good idea, then go back and knock it out of the park as soon as you feel ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Irish ManIrish Man Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did not pass the 70-291 on my first attempt but I tried to look at all the positives from it and not beat myself up over it. This exam has a high failing rate, so all you can do is more studying atleast you know what to focus on now.

I am writing this exam for a second time on Friday, and now I feel alot more confident than my initial write.

DNS here I come, I also implemented WSUS at my workplace for over 3000 clients but still found some of the WSUS questions tricky !!
  • jimmyp83jimmyp83 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a 615 on my first attempt. I used it to see what I needed to study, and passed it 2 weeks later. Don't beat yourself up