70-210 questions/answers on the web?

vowelvowel Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can I pick up somewhere on the net only a questions/answers, specially tricky?

Transcender's software I've got. First score 42%, pasing 80%.

Demo's don't need.

I'v pick up some Mercury Technical Solutions 70_210 Test pro, but it is funny how it is easy.

So, quality-hard q-s/a-s would be the best preparation. Any?

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    www.certify.com is excellent
    A+ Moderator
  • vowelvowel Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bull,

i ment list with print button
    http://www.measureup.com/

and/or, off course, printable version like this one
    www.techexams.net/msexam/print.php?exam=702101
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    anything like that i normally just assume to be a braindump and avoid like the plague.

i guess i just enjoy do practise exams via a software engine. i even dislike doing the tests at the end of chapters in the likes of exam cram books!
    A+ Moderator
  • SarahPSarahP Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How accurate are the answers to these online tests?
    I got 92% in the transcender one but only 42% in certyourself.com.
    How do i know if im ready to take the real exam?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Vowel: I use a slightly enhanced version of the test engine used at certyourself.com.

They also have the same format printable versions of their exams:
    www.certyourself.com/exams/print.php?excode=702101
    www.certyourself.com/exams/print.php?excode=702102

At www.mcmcse.com they use an test engine that shows all questions on one page, which you can print for offline study... same goes for www.certifyexpress.com.

S: I can assure you the online questions at TechExams.Net are correct, I spend more time verifying answers than I need to write them. Plus I always try to find an online reference to go with the explanation.

The questions at CertYourself.com are definitely correct, but tricky at least.
    Same goes for www.certtutor.net (formerly known as www.2000exams.com)
    I know Jason Sprague at www.mcmcse.com also spends a great deal on making sure questions/answers are correct and verified.
    Actually many of the good free exams you'll find on the web are written by just a few people. Same goes for the study guides. (with a bit of luck in a couple of months I can pay a technical writer to write TechExams.Net study guides (wrote over 60 cramsessions and many many examnotes) :P )

I think free online exams are more like the MCSE NT 4 style (like Cisco and Comptia exams), actually Windows 2000 style but without the blabla.

I was always lucky enough to have an employer that provided Transcenders whenever I needed to prepare for an exam, still I always use sites like certyourself.com, Mcmcse.com, 2000exams.cometc. just to see if I know all the facts and I pick up new knowledge every single time. Not just to prepare for an exam, but also for the job.
  • PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    I got 92% in the transcender one but only 42% in certyourself.com.
    How do i know if im ready to take the real exam?

Sounds like you may have memorized the answers to the Transcender - try taking the practice test that came with the book you're using. If you are only scoring 42% at certyourself, you're probably not ready.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
    The 92% was the 1st time i took the Transcender exam - the questions just seemed very similar to the ones in the Readiness Review book i has been using. The Certyourself ones had a lot of questions to do with network protocols like NWlink - which isnt covered in great depth in the Readiness Review but presume you are expected to know all about anyway!
    I started the course 1 year ago and until then knew nothing about computers at all so really dont have any previous expreience. It has al been self-taught so im really going on my score in these online practise exams to judge if im ready for the real thing or not.
    Well... I noticed two questions with NWlink and two with autentication protocols, I'll start a new post explaining what you need to know to answer all 4 of them. (And I guess that's in pretty much every book, at least it should)

As for the MS Readiness Review books, I bought the 70-218, but it isn't at all like the actual exam.
    However I did use the 70-210 Transcenders (flash version also) and I think if you score above 90% on all Transcender exams you should be able to get at least 60% on the actual exam, which I think nowadays is actually enough to pass the exams...
    What is the actual pass mark or rough pass mark as i believe MS make it up as they go along! I am under the assumption that its 82% am i wrong?
    Passing score is 540 - The readiness review isn't a complete study guide. I used the full Training Kit and the readiness review.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    Crikey are we talking about the same exam here? When my mate did it a year ago im sure he said the pass mark was 82% or something!
    Be sure you cover the objectives:
    www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-210.asp#SKILLS

My score report from last month says "Passing Score: 540" :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    I'M PROGRESSING - MCMCSE:" You answered 15 correct out of 31 questions, which gives you a score of 48.39%. " (i must learn more)

Sarah,
    Transcender's passing score is (or was - no flash version) 790/1000 ~ 80%.
    What areas are tripping you up?
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    The same result with certyourself-1%.

On the first sight: these short q/a are easier than transcenders'.

Areas? Well... in Instaling I'm the best. The rest is more or less...

I., M. & T. Hardware devices is my worst according to transcender, but it's short for RIS etc, which I've learned in CBT System Training's software (tutorial wizards), for an example.

So, I'm just a beginer.

BTW, THEORY IS WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, BUT WHAT IS WITH PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE - EXAMS?
    IS THERE GOING TO BE PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS-JOBS ON MS' EXAMS, AS: DO THIS - DO THAT, AND WHAT ARE THEY ?

sorry my english.
    You can expect questions that will be lengthy - similar to the length of the questions you see in Trancender - by the way are you updating your Transcender also?

As for presentation of the exam - you will get some multiple choice questions - sometimes the answer is just one choice or sometimes it could be several. You MUST read the test slowly and pay attention to what they are asking you - sometimes they'll tell you to "select 3" or some other number, but if you select 2 or 4 it won't tell you that the answer is incomplete.

You will also see some drag and drop type questions. These are also similar to the type you have seen in your Transcender.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    Thank you, Pavlov,

I've already ckecked out links where SKILLS are for several types of question, but I didn't update transcender which i must do slow (full 2 hours), if i want to understand completely. Yea, they don't tell you number of choices.

Did you understood my question about real, practice assignments, or, is it only for programers? Is it MS' exam all I need to pass for MCP?

Now, i'll go to update. Thanks, again.
    I'm not real sure what you mean "real" practice assignments icon_confused.gif You can expect MS tests to be written to the same format at the Transcender. Almost every question begins with "You are the network administrator..." They will describe a scenario and may even tell you that you've already performed certain actions and ask you what's the next thing you should do. Or tell you you've done X Y and Z, now which results did that accomplish? As I said, if you're comfortable with the Transcender exams and their format you'll be okay with this test.

To become an MCP, yes, all you need to do is pass one Microsoft exam. MCSA is 4, MCSE is 7. Best of luck to you on this test and be sure to let us know how you did or if you need anymore help.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    i have just scored 11/15 on the exams on here. (73.3%) These questions seemed easier than the other ones i have done. Are these a good guideline to the ones in the real exam?

Can anyone also recommend some more sites where i can do 'realistic' practise tests. I have a load of sites to work through but not sure of their integrity.
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Sarah before taking an exam, it always good to test yourself on practice questions.
    Transcender has always been a good testing source.
    ExamEssentials has exam databases now for the first 3 core exams of the MCSE track.
    When you think practice questions seem too easy for you, you're probably right, and you have to seek for those tougher one's out there on the internet.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
    I think they are a good guideline, (but I wrote them myself... ;)) although it is more about checking if you're ready for the real exam than showing how the real exam 'looks'.

I use the MS Skills Being Measured (exam objectives) as a guideline to create questions that test you on the correct topics.

I'm a bit suprised you found these questions to be easier... :o I try to make them a bit harder then others...

Maybe it's just that you are close to being ready for the real thing.... 73.3 % is not a bad score.. :)

As for more sites:

www.certtutor.net and www.skilldrill.com are slightly harder then most others. Although also they don't represent the actual exam questions types. MS likes you to read long stories and ask a fact, most practice exams online just ask the facts.

I can list a lot of sites but this page already shows pretty much most of them:

icon_arrow.gif70-210 resources
    My 1st attempt at the tests on CertTutor.net - 65% and they made me think. Do you think i am ready for the real exam now?
    Score for CertTutor.net = 54% - pass mark 60 - oops - not so good. Did the full 90 questions and couldnt concentrate past 50!
    I think I would also have trouble concentrating after reading and answering 50 questions with 40 more to go ;)

(real exam has 50 questions)

www.certtutor.com aims to write questions more difficult than the real thing...

You might be able to pass, but personally I would want to be a bit more sure.

icon_idea.gif Did you download the 50 questions at http://testprep.techskills.com?
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow! :D

Thanks for all the great info!
  • mistergq79mistergq79 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got the Transcender (updated) and have taken an MCSA course that I just finished. I studied the Transcender ?'s 'til I got a 100% every time and then failed the 210 exam today. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Granted Transcender is a good suite to study from. Honestly speaking thogh, not many people were satisfied with the preparation that Transcender supplied to them.

I myself took the MCSA exam back on May of this year. Very straight forward 60 questions. What I used was the MS Press Kit book for the exam. And reviewed briefly some of my notes from the first three cores exams.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • mistergq79mistergq79 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great, I'll take a look for that and see if it helps. Thanks!

Eric
    Can anyone tell me how much i need to know for the 70-210 exam regarding protocols such as TCP/IP, NWlink etc and also about DHCP, DNS & WINS? How much depth do i need to go into? Thanks, this is a great site!

Have just done the 'measure-up' exam - linked off the miscrosoft site - these were the hardest so far of any!
    I've always enjoyed the products by Measure-Up and find them to be harder than the real test. On my 210 it was mostly about installation. There was some basic networking stuff about DHCP - if you did the work, this test should not be too difficult.

Also, I'm seeing posts this week that MS has once again changed up some exams and 210 may have been on that list. So while some are posting actual scores - and on mine last month there was a score given - but it appears that the 210 exam has now entered the PASS/FAIL ranks. So don't be too disappointed if you don't get a score and just see "Congratulations! You have passed this Microsoft Certified Professional exam." icon_confused.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A