CCIE Voice Lab Workbook

boonchinboonchin Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I am preparing my Voice Lab, and plan to attempt the lab around in August.

Wondering, which vendor's workbook is better? IP Expert? NLI (aka. ccbootcamp) or iNet Enterprise (www.inecanada.com)?

And, perhaps those who passed their voice lab exam can share their experience? Thanks for the advice. :D
13 September 2007, Brussels - CCIE Voice Lab

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IPExpert, NLI, and InternetworkExpert have been around for a while and have a track record for offereing Practice Lab Workbooks and Bootcamps and all offer Voice Products.

The only thing I've seen or heard about inecanada is in the last month people (usually first time posters) asking on CCIE forums about their voice products. They've added a 3rd person to their "hall of fame" and that one at least can be validated with the Cisco CCIE Validation tool.

I'd go with one of the first 3 I mentioned, or wait for Darby to write one. :D

IPExpert and NLI have their "Technology Labs" in addition to the 8 hour practice labs.... I don't think InternetworkExpert does. So I'd go with IPExpert Workbook and Proctor Guide AND The NLI Lab and Technology Workbooks.

I don't think Scott teaches the voice bootcamps at IPExpert.... and the Brians aren't CCIE Voice..... so I think I'd go with NLI for a Voice Bootcamp -- if I decided to "bootcamp for Voice" (I was "window shopping" for Voice last month).

IPExpert has the free CCVP COD and does offer the CCIE Voice Audio and CCIE Voice COD Products..... I'd probably give the IPExpert COD a shot and might then consider the IPExpert Voice Bootcamp.

inecanada's voice rack rentals are cheaper than NLIs... but I don't see a VG248 listed.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • boonchinboonchin Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Mike, thanks for the advice.

Well, I checked Internetwork Expert website, and stated their voice lab workbook is "Coming Spring 2007".

I am considering NLI's Lab and Technology workbook. Then, I found inecanada from google. So, just wondering how is their product compare to others. Besides, inecanada do provide voice rack rental at cheaper rate compare to NLI and IP Expert.

So, Mike, any suggestion?

Thanks.[/b]
    boonchin wrote:
    inecanada do provide voice rack rental at cheaper rate compare to NLI and IP Expert.
    You caught me editing my post to put that in. icon_lol.gif

InternetworkExpert had their Advanced Technology Labs for R&S and are now included with their V4 R&S Workbook.

But for the Version 1 Security Lab workbook and their (coming soon :D) workbook -- they mention "these are not 5 or 6 page mini-labs."

But I like the "mini-labs" (or technology labs) in addition to the 8 hour labs. That's why I'd go with IPExpert and NLI first, and save InternetworkExpert for additional practice labs.

inecanada is "too new" to trust -- but they might get a following with their rack rental.

TriNet was good for both Security and Voice before they went under. I think NLI bought the rights to the TriNet workbooks. Not sure where the TriNet instructor went....
    Yup, kind of agree with you Mike.

You got the point, inecanada is somehow "too new" in CCIE workbook. By the way, did you actually got the chance to 'have a look" at NLI's workbook as NLI DO NOT provide any sample for review.

As for IP Expert, I would say it is kind of expensive for their Workbook, proctor Guide and their rack rental (in bulk purchase).

Also, do you have any news regarding Cisco Press book by Ben Ng?

Thanks.
    boonchin wrote:
    Also, do you have any news regarding Cisco Press book by Ben Ng?
    Nope.... icon_eek.gif he might have been one of the proctors when I tried the V1 Security Lab in December! icon_lol.gif I didn't remember until I read what you wrote..... If my flashback is correct - he was at the back desk one time when I looked over at my rack.... and I think he talked to me when I got up to stretch one time... he gave us our "lunch warning" and took us to the cafeteria! icon_lol.gif

We did have a good group taking the Voice exam that day in December in San Jose -- I don't remember hearing one phone ring! icon_cool.gif

I assume its a voice book.... I'll take one! Any idea what it's supposed to be about? I hadn't heard anything about it. I'd hope for a "Practical Study" or a "Practice Lab" book. Oh -- or maybe a Voice CCIE Written Exam Certification Guide!

The NLI Voice Technology Workbook is new... and the bundle price with their Lab Workbook with their five 8 hour labs has me thinking about it, even though I'm focused on my first R&S attempt (and pondering my 1st attempt at the V2 Security Lab after that). NLI does seem to beat IPExpert on price right now.
    I might also mention IEmentor.com

They also offer the CCIE SAN track as well.
    I think IEmentor had the lead in the vendor SP market, and still might. But if you don't play in the R&S market, you don't get the exposure the other guys do.

I had actually thought about them.... and thought about checking their site to see if they offered a voice workbook.... but then I didn't. I think they do bootcamps, but don't remember a workbook.

I did "window shop" for Storage one time, but I can't remember who had the $10K bootcamp icon_lol.gif Might have been IEmentor.

Do you remember who the Trinet "trainer" was? Who wrote their workbooks? I guess if it was a lab ripoff by hello computers.... then nevermind. icon_eek.gif
    mikej412 wrote:
    I think IEmentor had the lead in the vendor SP market, .... and thought about checking their site to see if they offered a voice workbook.... but then I didn't. I think they do bootcamps, but don't remember a workbook.

Yes, IEmentor does offer voice workbook, but they voice walkthrough still under development.

Anyone heard of Niel Anderson? He is the author for NLI's voice workbook. Besides, NLS's is releasing workbook Vol2 (addition of 5 full labs). But, the pricing is not available, yet.

Going back to inecanada, their voice workbook does contain 40 labs!! 30 technology labs and 10 full labs. And, their lab's solution is available in movie format via Internet streaming. But, only 10 solutions are completed so far.

The CCVP freebies from IP Expert do not cover the topics in deep. I can say, it is good for begineer.

Thanks.
    mikej412 wrote:
    inecanada's voice rack rentals are cheaper than NLIs... but I don't see a VG248 listed.

Just got the feedback from inecanada, their voice rack does include VG248, ATA186 and CME.

However, their workbook only contains lab scenarios, and need to refer their video (via internet streaming) for the lab solution. I think it is kind of inconvenience.

Then, I asked how long is their workbook available for ccie candidates, they replied: couples of years and yet the solutions are not fully completed due to the instructor has busy teaching schedule.

Well, seems like I have to narrow down my choice to either NLI or IP Expert, and I am preferring NLI at the moment.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    A couple of years and no solutions? Now I don't feel so bad about a couple of weeks and no solutions being posted yet to the updated Internetwork Expert R&S V4 Core Labs. But I'd say that takes inacanada out of the "Voice workbook competition." While it may be possible to "map" another vendors workbook on to their rack, it could cause some problems or slow you down.... but for technology labs it probably would be fine (and you could decide then if its usable for your selected vendor workbook).

IPExperts looks like it has the 15 full labs in addition to the technology labs. NLI has the workbook with 5 full labs and the technology workbook, but if they do "Volumes" like their R&S Workbooks, they may have more soon. If the NLI pricing holds for Volumes 2 & 3, then the IPExpert & NLI would be almost the same.

I'd start with both for the Voice Lab -- but NLI would "win on price" if you wanted to pick just one. You'd probably want to find out the schedule for other NLI Voice Workbook Volumes.
    mikej412 wrote:
    I'd start with both for the Voice Lab -- but NLI would "win on price" if you wanted to pick just one. You'd probably want to find out the schedule for other NLI Voice Workbook Volumes.

I wish to have both workbook from NLI and IP Expert, too. But, financially, I can't due to the currency conversion rate. I had to multiply the US$ cost by 3.8

Well, from NLS's march newsletter, the workbook vol2 is coming soon. Yet, they do not have the pricing yet.

Thanks.
    Hi mike,

Have you heard of Avodaq? Heard they offer very good quality of ccie voice workshop.

Any opinion?

Thanks.
    I never heard of them yet.
    However it appears they are a Cisco Gold Partner

Well, today I had a CCIE Voice study group discussion with few Cisco staffs. They also recommended Avodaq as a better training provider for ccie voice bootcamp. Also, Avodaq currently have 8 ccie voice staffs too!

Thanks.
    Haven't heard of them, but if they have a local class that fits yours schedule and if the price is right, they may be worth a look.

They could have 8 Voice CCIEs because the company recognized the importance of Voice a while ago.... and possibly trained (and retained) from within. There are advantages to being a training organization in addition to being a consulting company.

If they have a class scheduled near you, they should let you sit in and observe the class for an hour or so without any problem -- then you could probably decided if they are a option (price/travel/quality of training) for a CCIE Voice Bootcamp. If they don't have a Voice Bootcamp scheduled, then maybe a visit to see the lab you'd be using, meet the instructor, and possibly sit in for an hour of a regular voice class.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    CCVP also have a premium value of about 120k in the U.S.
    heh, i was going to go for CCIP with (since they ahve a few simular exams) CCNP but maybe i should go CCVP? lol. or maybe i could skip NP and go straight for VP.

edit: sorry for being off topic!
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    So, do you mean the workbook by Faisal Khan is worth buying?

However, I heard that the workbook is similar with the trinet worlbook. Any advice?

Thanks and best regards.
    Faisal Khan is a real CCIE Instructor and has the credentials he says he has.

He has worked with Mr. Bhutt as well.

He does have CCIE's that he has helped along the way.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello guys. I am about to purchase iPexpert's CCIE Voice 3.0 Lab Preparation Workbook Volume 1 together with iPexpert's Cisco CCIE Voice (v3) Workbook (Vol. 1) Walk-Through Video Tutorials

https://www.ipexpert.com/Cisco/CCIE/Collaboration/Workbook/video-solutions-vol1

But first I badly need your opinion. What would be your advice. Is it worth to buy iPexpert's Cisco CCIE Voice (v3) Workbook (Vol. 1) Walk-Through Video Tutorials?

Thank you.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Hello guys. I am about to purchase iPexpert's CCIE Voice 3.0 Lab Preparation Workbook Volume 1 together with iPexpert's Cisco CCIE Voice (v3) Workbook (Vol. 1) Walk-Through Video Tutorials

https://www.ipexpert.com/Cisco/CCIE/Collaboration/Workbook/video-solutions-vol1

But first I badly need your opinion. What would be your advice. Is it worth to buy iPexpert's Cisco CCIE Voice (v3) Workbook (Vol. 1) Walk-Through Video Tutorials?

Thank you.

yes...you will not regret...am using them for ccie security
    I will buy workbooks in any case. The question is if it worth to buy Walk-Through Video Tutorials for workbooks.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I have a 2 year pass with them, well worth it IMO. The workbooks are good, the racks are good and Andy who does the collaboration videos is really engaging and holds your attention.
    Alex90 wrote: »
    I have a 2 year pass with them, well worth it IMO. The workbooks are good, the racks are good and Andy who does the collaboration videos is really engaging and holds your attention.
    Hi,

Could you please tell what exactly workbooks are you using for CCIE Collaboration preparation?
    Best, sacredboy!
    At the moment I am using the tech workbook (volume 1) from IPexpert and labbing on their racks. Volume 2 is based on lab preparation.
    At the moment I am using the tech workbook (volume 1) from IPexpert and labbing on their racks. Volume 2 is based on lab preparation.
    These two?
    https://www.ipexpert.com/Cisco/CCIE/Collaboration/Workbook
    https://www.ipexpert.com/Cisco/CCIE/Collaboration/lab-workbook
    Best, sacredboy!
    Yep those two. If I were you I'd drop the sales guys at IPexpert an email just saying what you need and how much £££ you have to spend. I've found them to be very accommodating and gave me a good deal on my 2 year pass.
    Yep those two. If I were you I'd drop the sales guys at IPexpert an email just saying what you need and how much £££ you have to spend. I've found them to be very accommodating and gave me a good deal on my 2 year pass.
    I'll try. Thank you for your advice.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sacredboy wrote: »
    I will buy workbooks in any case. The question is if it worth to buy Walk-Through Video Tutorials for workbooks.

The walk through videos for the workbooks are free. Once they are released they get added to your account as long as you purchased the workbooks.