RRas Behind linksys

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am wondering if it is possible to setup a vpn RRas behind a linksys broadband router. I have the correct ports forwarded for PPTP. Have a policy setup to allow Nas-type vpn and a security group. Account Dial-in is setup to allow per remote access policys. Only have one nic in test server connected to internal switch. Public Side address is on the Wan interface of broadband router.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When you try to enable VPN on RRAS, it will require 2 NICs. I wonder though if you can just install a loopback adapter to satisfy the 2 NIC requirement, then just port forward from your public router to your internal ip address. Might work. Also, on your linksys router, make sure you enable the VPN passthroughs.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is where it is hanging by default the option for inbound and outbound packet filters are set to wide open, but in the Ms press book and in the Cbt nuggets they configure it to specifically allow 47 and 1723 for pptp in both directions, James conrad says "it is wide open" but I was wondering if this might be blocking the traffic.
    Nope, that wouldn't be it. I've configured VPN several times in lab with leaving the filters wide open and connected successfully. Here's a thread where someone is having a similar issue as you. Perhaps it will help you out.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21257
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Port 47 does not appear to be open, so I think this is the problem. Plus in the event log of the server it says a connection was established but could not be completed and goes into a rant about how this is commonly because 47 is blocked.

Used superscan 3.0 I believe to scan.

Isp is comcast
    So you are port forwarding 47 and it's still not showing as open? What is the eventid and error you are getting in the eventlog? You can also use Shields Up by GRC to scan for a specific port. https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Make sure you are also allowing linksys to pass VPN connections through the router. It will look like this in your linksys router:

portforwardca8.jpg