Passed Network+ today (with comments)

capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, I passed the Network+ exam today with a score of 744/900. Resources used were:

1. All In One Network+ book and CD by Mike Meyers.
2. TechNotes on this site.
3. Total Seminars practice questions

Surprises:

1. Questions about the spanning-tree and Rendezvous protocols
2. Mac OS 9 question (I guessed "AppleTalk" since that always seems to be the answer to Mac questions. I'm not sure whether that was actually correct on this particular question though.)
3. More than one question based on knowledge of a specific *nix utility
4. Question about how to network gaming consoles (!)

Basically, it was a very "vendor neutral" test.

Comments

• babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations and well done :D

so what next?
  • mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    way to go! I passed it today too....659....those questions threw me for a loop too. I also got a ton of scenario ones. I studied with a thompson textbook from my school, and the technotes here too. i'm kinda pissed though...shouldve gotten at least another 100 points. but i think i overstudied so my brain was a mush when i went in.
    i noticed that some of the questions and answers didn't line up, also. did u see that?
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats, yea some of those questions caught me off guard as well!
  • capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mastercorm wrote:
    I passed it today too

Nice :D
    mastercorm wrote:
    i noticed that some of the questions and answers didn't line up, also. did u see that?

No, I didn't get this problem. Was it a problem with screen resolution or am I not getting what you mean?

babyxxx wrote:
    so what next?

Since I just got a job offer, I'll probably wait and see what vendor-specific tests I should think about.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats to both of you! :D:D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_lol.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • p0etp0et Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What kind of questions are those?! I honestly don't have a clue what they could ask in relation to network a gaming console together. I don't see that in any Sybex books, Exam Prep books or Muska & Lipman books or even the Network+ objectives. If we get that question and we get it wrong, can't we fight it?

I can see them wanting us to recognize the difference between nslookup and the unix dig cmd and such.

I couldn't find much info at all with regards to "Rendezvous" protocol either. The ONLY information from the above books that I found on this protocol is:

"Rendezvous is an IP-based open ZeroConfig service discovery protocol, allowing devices to be added to and removed from networks without configuration." I don't see how they can word a question with that being the only info.

Anyway, congrats and thanks for the tip!
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congrats!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    p0et wrote:
    What kind of questions are those?! I honestly don't have a clue what they could ask in relation to network a gaming console together. I don't see that in any Sybex books, Exam Prep books or Muska & Lipman books or even the Network+ objectives. If we get that question and we get it wrong, can't we fight it?

Not every question counts towards your score, so it's always possible that the odd questions were experimental. I really don't think you can fight it. :)
  • mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what i mean is, like literally typos:
    ie: a 10baseTx hub.
    or what's physical layer: router, bridge, or wireless AP when none of them are.
    Stuff like that.
    Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP
  • brickstolbrickstol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • los5011los5011 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did they have any questions about RAID?