Options

Need a little input....

imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

Yesterday I got a call from specialized solutions who want to sell me the whole MCSE package. This comes with 42 cds books, which includes exams and labs, 2 years access to their online web program and some other stuff. The cost is $1900.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of learning? Is it worth it?
Could any recommed any thing else. I do well learning from books and CDs etc

Help!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you're going to spend that kind of money, you should take a look at http://www.transcender.com They make some of the best exam simulation software, and offer training solutions. You can get the MCSE(Security) Sims, Practice exams, Flash software, 11hrs training, for a lot less than $1900, closer to $1200. I used Transcender for Net+, and am using it for MCSA right now. I believe it's actually a bit harder than the live exam. Either way, do some research on the company, and their competition. Get the best deal, for the right money, for what you're looking to do.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    specialized solutions has been a sponsor at TechExams.net and we honestly accept only advertisers which we think have a good product. But I agree with Ricka, if you're going to spend that kind of money, you may want to look into other options before deciding, although his example only includes practice software, not books. But you may be able to get the TransTrainers with it as well and stay below 1900...

Also, in case you will spend such an amount, make sure you 'call'. Don't just buy it from a web page, call them to get a discount. (yes, this applies to Transcender as well.)
  • Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input.
    The difference that I can tell is that specialized solutions offer labs where the other ones are just exams and videos.

I like the idea of a lab, because at the moment I can't get the hands on, but is this kind of training benificial?

Thanks