Network+: Passed

BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
Did the Net+ today and passed. Thank God I didn't get that many Mac, NetWare questions since those where my weakest areas going into the exam. Make sure you know your cable lengths, topologies, protocols and OSI model.

Preparation materials:

Mike Meyers Network+ Certification Passport
Technotes form this site
Examforce and PrepLogic (freebie versions)

Next up is 70-270.

Comments

• johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    congrats!! :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congrats! What was your score?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • brickstolbrickstol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude.
    Did mine last week and did not make it. Unfortunately for me Mac and Linux are my weakest and I got about 15+ questions only on them. Was ok with OSI, Topologies but the mac Netware did kill me.
    Will be taking it again soon.
  • brickstolbrickstol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D Congrat!!!!!!!!!.
    Currently revising for the exam myself and same weakness like many other students.
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    brickstol wrote:
    but the mac Netware did kill me.

I think you need to miss 15 questions to fail (I am not sure though). Are you sure it was just mac and netware that killed you? I consider those, plus fiber optic and coax all be subject areas that I am weak, yet I scored a 734 on my Network+ last friday. Do you think you may have struggled with other subjects or just got alot of of questions in your weak areas?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • djphenomdjphenom Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□