Options

studying for the exam

mattmmattm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

I took a online course for C|EH
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/
and preparing to take the test soon (this week) I seen a lot of resources on the site for studying but I was wondering if they were any free ones. I have already taken the one offered on the site (I need to study more!)

could I be able to get a entry level position in computer security with C|EH alone, but I guess that would all depend on the employer.

I guess I'm just eager to get my foot in the door

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Since you're really close (this week) to taking the exam. I would recommend hitting hard the stuff you got in your course. I'm not 100% sure what infosec is pushing out these days, but if Jack is still in charge, it's no doubt good stuff. You don't want to go into the exam having been exposed to all kinds of material, but not mastering any of it.

Good luck. Study hard and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    mattmmattm Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Something came up so I have to reschedule witch is good because I have more time to study and practice using the tools on my home network (4-5 computers)
    Jack is mentioned but I never saw him in any of the videos (basically they taped a boot camp C|EH week and put it online in like 10-40 minute videos ) then there was a lab book. Self paced with practice tests in the back that I been reviewing and I found a practice test for C|EH but the copyright on the bottom says 2002 should I even bother with it? I looked over a couple of questions and they seem alot like the practice questions in my lab book.

thanks for the reply
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    Something i want to ask about CEH and CHFI.

I heard that you can take the exam online from your home,iob e.g.

Is that true ?
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    pr3d4t0r wrote:
    Something i want to ask about CEH and CHFI.

I heard that you can take the exam online from your home,iob e.g.

Is that true ?

You cannot take it from your home. But you can possibly take it from your job. It has to proctored by an EC Council Authorized Trainer or Training partner. It's designed for when we do a private class for a company and the students are to test at the end of the class.

Why do you ask?