OMG, it just happend to me too

Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
So im sitting in a MS 2279 class that MS gave me, and the teacher just told everyone to use those most famous braindumps that most people have heard of. He told everyone that they are a great way to study for and pass all ms exams and that they are a bargain for 15 bucks.

Just like others on the forum, i have been hit by the loser teacher bug. I just want to yell at him in this conference phone thing. I guess what im gonna do is tell write an email to my MS rep who gave me the voucher and perhaps to some other MS email address as well. But first i have to get his last name, not that any of that will do any good.....

Aaron

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's good that you are writing an e-mail to Microsoft and taking action. I would definitely not let this go. Let us know what happens.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    How sad... it doesn't even surprise me anymore. Imagine how often this happens every day without someone sounding an alarm...
    not that any of that will do any good.....
    If you can somehow proof it, and/or get some of your classmates to do the same, you might be surprised. Especially if he's an MCT.

Use the Training & Certification Tips email:
    icon_arrow.giftctips@microsoft.com
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have started to complain and am getting good results from the company that does the training. They have offered for me to retake the week long class at another date and I may even be able to take a different class, with a different instructor ;) I am still able to attend the last day of training tomorrow but we really only have a few hours left anyway. Im pretty happy with the commitment to my satisfaction the company has.

As for doing anything else, i dont know if there is anything i can do until i know the instructors last name, but i does sound like he will getting looked at from his department. It just went overboard when he offered to email the braindump to everyone in the class and the other main thing was he was really lacking in some major areas of the coursework. He would tend to glossover and skip though things he got stuck on. You could feel his embarassment , It got that bad.
    I suppose at the very least I will speak to my MS rep about it. One thing I dont want to do is go overboard especially since the place has offered another full week of class.

Aaron
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't just try to bury the guy, maybe he doesn't know brain **** are illegal. At least talk to him and see what his true stance on it is.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Mishra wrote:
    Don't just try to bury the guy
    Nah, let him rot in the desert sun. icon_lol.gif

Seriously, it's the classic case of passing out **** to maintain a certain pass-rate and he more than likely knows exactly what he's recommending. But I think the company handles it well, especially if it at least someone will let him know he's busted and can't get away with something like that. And if it's costing them another course, they surely will, and probably send out a memo to the rest of the training staff too to make sure it doesn't happen again. If you still feel like reporting it to MS, you could simply do it after the free course and include that you reported it to the company, they took action, etc, but just want to make them aware of it in case they had more reports from the same training center. Only if the latter is true it may (and should) have real consequences. So you don't have to 'play it on the person' (not sure if that expression works in English but I guess you get the point).
    Mishra wrote:
    Don't just try to bury the guy, maybe he doesn't know brain **** are illegal. At least talk to him and see what his true stance on it is.

Im pretty sure he knows. He said "off the record" and "I know people who passed 4 test in one day with these" ext.... He actually said he got his MCSE in two weeks :puke:

It was just so frustrating that he didnt know the material he was "certified" to teach.

but I am happy that I will be getting a new teacher. I did learn somethings from this class, it was just the more advanced things that the teacher could not demonstrate or explain. I ended up reading it in the class manual and i was thinking "the answers right there jackass!"
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Mishra wrote:
    Don't just try to bury the guy
    Nah, let him rot in the desert sun. icon_lol.gif

Seriously, it's the classic case of passing out **** to maintain a certain pass-rate and he more than likely knows exactly what he's recommending. But I think the company handles it well, especially if it at least someone will let him know he's busted and can't get away with something like that. And if it's costing them another course, they surely will, and probably send out a memo to the rest of the training staff too to make sure it doesn't happen again. If you still feel like reporting it to MS, you could simply do it after the free course and include that you reported it to the company, they took action, etc, but just want to make them aware of it in case they had more reports from the same training center. Only if the latter is true it may (and should) have real consequences. So you don't have to 'play it on the person' (not sure if that expression works in English but I guess you get the point).

If I knew about it, I'd move to get him decertified as soon as I found out. I've got Ken Rosen (MCT program director) on speed dial.
    oh i forgot to mention, but i actually turned on my macbook and asked him to explain what we were seeing on the screen and I recorded it just to play to my wife. Its rather funny/disturbing. Im not gonna do anything with it but I thought it would be funny to play back. If i had a place to host it I would but its like 50 meg. I think im gonna go listen to it now. I forgot all about it!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had the same thing happen to me at a training center. The instructor seemed fairly knowledgable and the class was okay, but on the last day the instructor starts telling us about how he purchased a T***K*** "study guide" for us. I about blew a circuit, but I didn't confront him in front of the class. He was actually the owner of the training center in addition to being the main instructor.

You can be sure though that I spent about 15 minutes in private explaining to him about the evils of using ****. Of course I refused the "offer" of the **** material. I actually got him to look into using Transcenders for future classes instead of the ****. He seemed to make a sincere effort to provide me with the Transcender material, but later explained they wouldn't give him a volume/training discount and so it was too expensive to include in the class.

Later I got an email from them asking me if I would mind being a "reference" for them to Microsoft with my MCP credentials - something to do with them being a MS authorized center. I refused and explained it was because of their inclusion of the **** material they provide to students. They acted very surprised and were like "wow, we never had anyone else who felt that strongly about it". icon_rolleyes.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • HA! That guy is a loser. I like the comment about letting him rot in the desert sun...great idea! icon_twisted.gif
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I once had a real loser of a new computer science teacher. He figured out early on I knew a bit about the subject and would come and ask me stupid questions. I had enough when he came and asked me where to get hold of these special keyboards.... "Erm.. what special keyboards?" I asked. "These QWERTY" keyboards" he answered. Swear to god! I was gobsmacked.

He would teach the poor saps in that class from some special material he kept well hidden. Once he went out of the room and I went up and looked to see what awsome text it was we were being taught from. It was a revision aid you buy from the discount book store. Completely gobsmacked again. Next lesson he comes in and we all have these revision aids open on our desks.

I just turned up for class but sat at the back and got on with my own thing from then on. End of the year I was the only one to pass and that was barely with just a grade C. All the rest got F grades. He was sent back to teacher training school.
    Kam.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's not a fun subject to bring up with someone. I had a teacher use something similar towards the end of a school year, because he wanted to test the students on random material that he had found off the internet. He wasn't aware that they were **** guides, so I told him later and he claimed he didn't know.

No use chewing out someone as long as they aren't relying on them to pass the actual test.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    & people wonder why entry level jobs pay only $10.00/hour