Certification search (proof)

markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
Hey, didn't see this in the FAQ. Is there a site that employers, or anyone, can go to in order to verify that someone is actually what they say they are (CCNA, CCNP, etc.)? Like is there a site I can go to and type in my name to see my old expired certifications? Just curious.
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky

Comments

• djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is no "search engine" of sorts that I am aware of. However Cisco does allow you to set up a validation ID so that a third party can log into cisco and verify your certifications.
  • markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You should hunt down your old Cisco ID (or an old exam report) and see if you can get into the Cisco Certification Tracking System

Under the "Validation and Logo's" tab is where you can setup validation for your Active Certifications, Passed Exams, and previously Achieved Certifications.
    The Certification Validation tool lets you provide access to anyone that needs to validate or confirm your current certifications, previously achieved certifications and/or all passed exams.

To begin check the enabled box below, make your selections and enter the recipient email addresses. An email will be automatically sent with instructions on how to validate your certifications to the list of recipients.

This notification will be sent to the email addresses you provide.

Dear Sir or Madam,

To verify my Cisco certification information, please visit the Certification Validation web site ([url]https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/public/cert_view.aspx[/url]). Enter the following validation id <<Validation ID here>> and click on "Validate".

Thank you,
    <<Your Name Here>>

Following that link takes them to the page to enter the Validation ID to see what you've got.

Individual Certificates also have validation codes that can be checked here.

The CCIE Validation link requires a Cisco CCO login (guest level is fine).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    You should hunt down your old Cisco ID (or an old exam report) and see if you can get into the Cisco Certification Tracking System

Under the "Validation and Logo's" tab is where you can setup validation for your Active Certifications, Passed Exams, and previously Achieved Certifications.
    The Certification Validation tool lets you provide access to anyone that needs to validate or confirm your current certifications, previously achieved certifications and/or all passed exams.

To begin check the enabled box below, make your selections and enter the recipient email addresses. An email will be automatically sent with instructions on how to validate your certifications to the list of recipients.

This notification will be sent to the email addresses you provide.

Dear Sir or Madam,

To verify my Cisco certification information, please visit the Certification Validation web site ([url]https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/public/cert_view.aspx[/url]). Enter the following validation id <<Validation ID here>> and click on "Validate".

Thank you,
    <<Your Name Here>>

Following that link takes them to the page to enter the Validation ID to see what you've got.

Individual Certificates also have validation codes that can be checked here.

The CCIE Validation link requires a Cisco CCO login (guest level is fine).

Doesn't look like it's going to work for me. This was all like 5-7 years ago and I don't even have my old e-mail addresses. I went to prometric's site and tried to do PW recovery but I dont even have the e-mails anymore and they arent even coming up as valid e-mails. I guess I'd have to call Prometric maybe to get my Cisco ID#?
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm pretty sure that if it's been 5-7 years you have to re-up your CCNA anyway.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that if it's been 5-7 years you have to re-up your CCNA anyway.

Obviously. icon_wink.gif
  • Ed RooneyEd Rooney Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had to do the same thing. You are still in the system, but it just shows you as expired. Back then, your test ID was your SSN. I was able to put in my SSN and one of the passwords that I used back then to get in to www.certmanager.net/cisco. From there I got my Cisco id and was able to register for exams and stuff.

It's also on your certificate and card, if you still have that stuff.
    Ed Rooney wrote:
    I had to do the same thing. You are still in the system, but it just shows you as expired. Back then, your test ID was your SSN. I was able to put in my SSN and one of the passwords that I used back then to get in to www.certmanager.net/cisco. From there I got my Cisco id and was able to register for exams and stuff.

It's also on your certificate and card, if you still have that stuff.

Wow Ed, good **** bud. I was able to log in on the first try with my SS#. Thanks a bunch. :D
    Updated all my info. Was interesting to go and see the dates I took all my tests...

640-506 CCNP - Support
    13-Feb-2001 (P) CCNP

640-505 CCNP - Remote Access
    19-Jan-2001 (P) CCNP

640-503 Routing
    08-Nov-2000 (P) CCDP, CCNP

640-504 Switching
    11-Sep-2000 (P) CCDP, CCNP

640-441 Designing Cisco Networks
    31-Jul-2000 (P) CCDA10

640-407 CCNA
    23-May-2000 (P) CCNA

Man, forgot how fast I was going at this. I passed my CCNA late May and by early February, less than a year, I had blown through the CCDA and 4 CCNP tests as well. icon_eek.gif

Kinda makes me feel better right now. If I could do it back then I can surely do it now. I don't think I've drunk that much liquor to eat away too many brain cells. icon_wink.gif

I gotta keep the 1st time pass thing going though.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    markzab wrote:
    Updated all my info. Was interesting to go and see the dates I took all my tests...

640-506 CCNP - Support
    13-Feb-2001 (P) CCNP

19-Jan-2001 (P) CCNP

640-503 Routing

640-504 Switching

31-Jul-2000 (P) CCDA10

640-407 CCNA
    23-May-2000 (P) CCNA

Man, forgot how fast I was going at this. I passed my CCNA late May and by early February, less than a year, I had blown through the CCDA and 4 CCNP tests as well. icon_eek.gif

Kinda makes me feel better right now. If I could do it back then I can surely do it now. I don't think I've drunk that much liquor to eat away too many brain cells. icon_wink.gif

GO GO GO MZ!
    betcha won't make the mistake of getting into a comfy job and letting the certs slide again! :D awfull industry were in!.
    If I was any good at singing and dancing I would be much happier doing that!
    Kam.
    Kaminsky wrote:
    GO GO GO MZ!
    betcha won't make the mistake of getting into a comfy job and letting the certs slide again! :D awfull industry were in!.
    If I was any good at singing and dancing I would be much happier doing that!

I can do the cha-cha. icon_bounce.gificon_wink.gif
  • Ed RooneyEd Rooney Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    markzab wrote:

640-506 CCNP - Support
    13-Feb-2001 (P) CCNP

19-Jan-2001 (P) CCNP

640-503 Routing

640-504 Switching

31-Jul-2000 (P) CCDA10

640-407 CCNA
    23-May-2000 (P) CCNA

That's about how fast I was blowing through them in '99-01. I did my NT4 MCSE in about 6 weeks (I remember studying for the Workstation exam on the plane from Comdex) starting in November 99, and didn't stop until I'd done another MCSE, CCNA, Net+ and was gearing up for CCNP.

Then my wife got pregnant.

Screeeeeeech!!!!!

I guess back then I did it to get ahead in my job. Now that I'm in management I don't really need to bother with certs, but I find the Cisco stuff very interesting. I could never touch another MS test again and I would be happy. My CCNA, and hopefully soon my CCNP, mean far more to me than MCSE, especially sine they are effectively retiring the cert.
    Ed Rooney wrote:
    markzab wrote:

640-506 CCNP - Support
    13-Feb-2001 (P) CCNP

19-Jan-2001 (P) CCNP

640-503 Routing

640-504 Switching

31-Jul-2000 (P) CCDA10

640-407 CCNA
    23-May-2000 (P) CCNA

That's about how fast I was blowing through them in '99-01. I did my NT4 MCSE in about 6 weeks (I remember studying for the Workstation exam on the plane from Comdex) starting in November 99, and didn't stop until I'd done another MCSE, CCNA, Net+ and was gearing up for CCNP.

Then my wife got pregnant.

Screeeeeeech!!!!!

I guess back then I did it to get ahead in my job. Now that I'm in management I don't really need to bother with certs, but I find the Cisco stuff very interesting. I could never touch another MS test again and I would be happy. My CCNA, and hopefully soon my CCNP, mean far more to me than MCSE, especially sine they are effectively retiring the cert.

That's what it was for me back then as well. I was young and went through some simply networking classes to get into the IT field. I remember one night we were all outside during a smoke break and the instructors friend has stopped by. I noticed he was wearing a bomber jacket with a patch on it. The patch he some letters and a number on it. Turns out he was a CCIE and it was his cert # (I think they stopped giving out the jackets to CCIE). I was instantly interested knowing that there were such a small number of these people around. I think it was like 5k back then. I WANTED IT!

After that class and a couple contracts I decided to buy my first CCNA book to see what this stuff was all about. I was hooked. I loved the knowledge. It wasn't JUST about getting the certs and more money, it was about the awesome stuff that I'd be doing. It was the next level and the info was great.

I just finished chapter 2 of my CCNA book and it's like my mind is opening up. Everything is starting to come back. It's nice to know I can still break down IP addresses in my head with ease. I'm starting to get that knowledge itch again. I was planning on calling it a night but then chapter 3's title came up..."IP SUBNETTING AND VARIABLE LENGTH SUBNET MASKS (VLSM)". Mmmmm Tasty. icon_wink.gif

Be back in an hour or so.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    markzab wrote:
    I remember one night we were all outside during a smoke break and the instructors friend has stopped by. I noticed he was wearing a bomber jacket with a patch on it. The patch he some letters and a number on it. Turns out he was a CCIE and it was his cert # (I think they stopped giving out the jackets to CCIE). I was instantly interested knowing that there were such a small number of these people around. I think it was like 5k back then. I WANTED IT!
    I thought you had to buy your own, but they are still available....

The Black Leather Bomber Jacket (Item: CSCO CCIE1112) Price: $239.99 to $260.99

There is also a Black Leather Car Coat (Item: CSCO CCIE1210) Price: $242.99 to $251.99

If you hurry, they are having a special offer at the CCIE Logo Merchandise Store -- free name and number setup charge (you save $20).

The generic, non-personalized CCIE Black Certification T-Shirts (Item: CSCO CCIE1122) seem reasonably priced at $9.99 to $12.99.

Hum.... CCIEs only need 18oz coffee cups?

A standard guest level Cisco login lets you in to window shop.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    markzab wrote:
    I remember one night we were all outside during a smoke break and the instructors friend has stopped by. I noticed he was wearing a bomber jacket with a patch on it. The patch he some letters and a number on it. Turns out he was a CCIE and it was his cert # (I think they stopped giving out the jackets to CCIE). I was instantly interested knowing that there were such a small number of these people around. I think it was like 5k back then. I WANTED IT!
    I thought you had to buy your own, but they are still available....

The Black Leather Bomber Jacket (Item: CSCO CCIE1112) Price: $239.99 to $260.99

There is also a Black Leather Car Coat (Item: CSCO CCIE1210) Price: $242.99 to $251.99

If you hurry, they are having a special offer at the CCIE Logo Merchandise Store -- free name and number setup charge (you save $20).

The generic, non-personalized CCIE Black Certification T-Shirts (Item: CSCO CCIE1122) seem reasonably priced at $9.99 to $12.99.

Hum.... CCIEs only need 18oz coffee cups?

A standard guest level Cisco login lets you in to window shop.

I'd never wanna wear one unless I really was one.