Off in 5 minutes! Wish me luck ;)

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Good luck.
    witty comment
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Looking forward to that review. :)
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck Luke! I'm definitely looking forward to the review as well.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right where do I start?

Well, there were a total of 75 exam questions and I had 200 minutes in which to answer them.

The exam as you would expect was primarily focused around Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure design. I would advise anyone who was going to take this test to thoroughly revise the server roles (Hub, Edge, Mailbox etc) and know exactly in which situations each should be used.

I personally found this exam hard but I don’t do much work with Exchange. I’m sure anyone with experience with would be able to fly through this without any major issues.

There were a few “war and peace” style questions (hey we all knew they would come back!) and some questions more aimed at Exchange Server 2003 knowledge, so make sure you revise this as well!

I had a few questions focused on co-existing with other messaging systems and upgrading from earlier versions of Exchange Server.

There we no sims which surprised me, a few “Drag and Drops” and lots of multiple answer questions.

So, 8 week until I find out the results – it will probably be a fail but I took the exam for the experience / insight into Exchange 2k7.

Now time to focus back on ISA Server 2004 which I plan to take very shortly. Whats’s slightly annoying however is that my local Vue centre doesn’t have any appointments available until the end of April!
  • Matt MCMatt MC Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Luke - cheers for posting!

I got the invite and just booked yesterday to write on Tuesday.
    Planned on getting some studying in this week but been working so much over time (stupid SAN's)

Not worked with 07 so need to hit the lab's too!

Can you explain what you mean by "war and peace" style questions?
    Also - many cmdlets? That is one thing I still def don't know enough about!!!

Also what study material do you think would be good? Not many books around!

Laters,
    Matt MC
    Used various internet resources such as Technet. No real book study just messing about with a home lab etc.

Good luck!

War and peace style questions in short: Are long worded questions that go on and on about some stupid scanario but the actural question is like right at the end! :)

Regards,
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't forget about the plethora of Exchange 2007 Webcasts and Virtual Labs out there!

http://www.microsoft.com/events/series/tnexchangeserver.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/traincert/virtuallab/exchange.mspx

The Exchange 2007 Technical Library is also excellent:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124558.aspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Matt MCMatt MC Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers guys

Will let you know how it goes! icon_cool.gif
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Thanks for the review Luke!

Many Management Shell questions like 70-236?
    Up Next : Not sure :o
    geekie wrote:
    Thanks for the review Luke!

Many Management Shell questions like 70-236?

None! :)

(woohooo)