Modifying the GAL

cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
In our company, we have a lot of disabled users. I was wondering if there was a way to remove them from the GAL by specifying a filter that does not include disabled objects?

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In Exchange 2000/2003, you can go on the Exchange Server, open up the Exchange-modified ADUC, and go into the user's account properties. Go to the Exchange Advanced Tab and place a check mark in, "Hide from Exchange Address Lists check box."
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • cashewcashew Member Posts: 122 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's what I have been doing, but I thought you could create cool customized query based filters in exchange? icon_smile.gif
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're thinking of query-based distribution groups which will add users dynamically to a mail-enabled group by using LDAP queries to a Global Catalog server. It will not specifically hide/show individual users from the GAL. You could of course script this and add it as a scheduled task if you want it to be more automated in hiding specific sets of users.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks